Common's "Go" Music Video

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Sorry if I'm late, but did Kanye really direct this?

"Conscious cats like sex, too." Very endearing.

Comments

• That posed picture of him in his woven ensemble is fucking hilarious. Holy crap.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    That song is fucking dope.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    That posed picture of him in his woven ensemble is fucking hilarious.

That may be a relic of his Erykah days.

• I'm saying, he probably still has closets full of afghan-blanket style hats and
    scarves and stuff. The bracelets and thoughtful, non-threatening pose are the best part of that picture though.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I don't even know this guy, but everytime I see pics like this I get that feeling when your boy shacks up with a girl that you and all your boys hats and then he starts saying dumb girlfriend-influenced shit and staying home friday nights cooking dinner with her and when you confront him he has this pathetic defeated look like he can't explain it either. Another one bites the dust.

I don't even know this guy

You don't know who Common is?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I hate to say it, but I have no idea who this guy is either. Well, at least he seems very comfortable with who he is, whoever that may be.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I don't even know this guy, but everytime I see pics like this I get that feeling when your boy shacks up with a girl that you and all your boys hats and then he starts saying dumb girlfriend-influenced shit and staying home friday nights cooking dinner with her and when you confront him he has this pathetic defeated look like he can't explain it either. Another one bites the dust.

hahahahaha!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That song is fucking dope.

I was going to post that exact same thing.

I'm buying this record, furry cap or not.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I can't wait for it to drop. I'll pick it up first day. Common's the shit and Kanye is dope too. Quit hatin' and let him have his time in the limelight. This is hip-hop, it never lasts. Common has though, and dropping an album like this, this late in his career, that's some heavy shit.

Go. I love that groove. It feels good to my soul. Haven't seen the video.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm a 45 King fan and I liked the collaboration he did with Common with the simplistic car horn beat. But,..

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    those pants!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Man, the look on Erykah's face... like, "yeah, I GOT this n*gga!"

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Badu will fuck any dudes head up .......Look at Andre 3000.

Anyway, Common is coming around. The new record is pretty good.

I can't wait for it to drop. I'll pick it up first day. Common's the shit and Kanye is dope too. Quit hatin' and let him have his time in the limelight. This is hip-hop, it never lasts. Common has though, and dropping an album like this, this late in his career, that's some heavy shit.

Go. I love that groove. It feels good to my soul. Haven't seen the video.

No one's hating on anything but the attire...You can see the video on Launch. It's quite good, which is why I'm surprised Kanye is credited with directing it.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Who doesn't have a time where they can look back and say "What the fuck was I thinking wearing that."

If you haven't then you may still look like a fool.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Man, the look on Erykah's face... like, "yeah, I GOT this n*gga!"

Hahaha, yeah. I got love for Erykah, but she's a walking pussy-whip. Common's stylists must be working overtime on that wool-knitting - or is it grandma? Seriously, I'm not a big Common or Kanye fan, but I think "Be" is pretty solid. Just got it today.

And btw, why do people write that K.West used the Doggone drums for the umpteenth time on "The Corner"? I do know he's used those many times, but as far as far as i can hear it's the drums from "What It Is" by the Temptations this time.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I thought they broke up? and is that furry cap shit recent? I saw the corner video and I think Common's gear was real fly. I was thinking "finally he dropped the fucking black israelites meets Nickolodean Raver gear".

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Badu will fuck any dudes head up .......

i dunno dude...i have yet to see The D.O.C. wearing yarn pajamas ......and he's her latest rapper boyfriend.....

BADU = J.LO

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

i dunno dude...i have yet to see The D.O.C. wearing yarn pajamas ......and he's her latest rapper boyfriend.....

BADU = J.LO

Man you never DOC is probably in the cut somewhere rocking a knitted sweatsuit too.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

BADU = J.LO

Man you never DOC is probably in the cut somewhere rocking a knitted sweatsuit too.

haha!!! rainbow Chuck Taylors

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Why do I find myself wanting to hear a Badu/D.O.C. duet. With all the incoherent nasal mumbling and incoherent wheezing gasps, they could call it WEST MEETS THE SOUTH: SHOWTIME AT THE RESPIRATORY WARD