what the shit? (paypal bullshit related)

speakmumblesspeakmumbles 447 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
ok, so i was supposed to get a package from overseas through ebay, and it hasnt arrived yet, so i placed a claim through paypal which i have done before, and maybe im missing something but it seems like they changed there system..you have to first make an unofficial claim, in order to get the seller to respond and then if you are not happy with the outcome of that you can place a claim to get your refund.but here is where the bullshit is.."We are sorry that you have been unable to resolve this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.PayPal will review your communication with the seller and may contact you for additional information. We will make every effort to resolve this claim within 30 days.If this claim is decided in your favor, you will be eligible to receive whatever funds we can recover from the seller minus a $25.00 USD processing cost. We will make our best effort to investigate this matter fairly and, if the claim is decided in your favor, recover whatever funds we can."25 bucks to process?anybody shed some light..is this a new way to get a refund, or did i hit the wrong button.. thanks in advance.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I think if you claim it as fraud they're required by law to refund you in full. However, if it's a lost shipment or quality of merchandise dispute it may fall under other categories.

That is some bullshit. When is that Google payment system coming out?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Did you do an item not received on the eBay screen? Or a Paypal claim. It seems/sounds like the eBay item not received process, which is completely useless. If you are making a claim with Paypal, make sure you're on the Paypal site operating. If this is a bunch of bla bla and I'm off base, my apologies.
    Peace
    T.N.

• yea it was through the resolution center on paypals site..

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    If you paid with a credit card dispute it through your credit card company.

• How long were you waiting for the item before you filed the claim?

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts

That is some bullshit. When is that Google payment system coming out?

Please shed some more light regarding this, right now paypal is the only way but someone must be smart enough to try and start a competing company... preferably one that's easier/better/smoother

peace
    L

• tdotctdotc 17 Posts
    Please shed some more light regarding this, right now paypal is the only way but someone must be smart enough to try and start a competing company... preferably one that's easier/better/smoother

peace
    L

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB1....html?mod=blogs