New Nas "Where Y'all At"

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=95B149FE084D2CE9I'll admit that I was intrigued. After all, Salaam Remi produced it and I've liked a lot of their work together. But lines like "intelligent brainiac" and "bumpin' Aaron Neville" are not exactly makin' me wanna play this more than a few times. Although I'm sure the capoeira headwrap contingent will love it.

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    it sounds like it was mixed down on a camcorder

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    it sounds like it was mixed down on a camcorder

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    its not great, but i don't think it's bad, its just sort of whatever to me. it doesn't sound like it should be a lead single, just sems like an album track to me, doesn't seems strong enough. if this is the lead single i can't expect much from the rest of the album. although i do want to hear what primo has for him. it seems like the best Nas stuff is never commercially released anyways...

• i've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews for this. I think it's obviously a track just leaked for mixtapes not an album cut.

Anyways the most important part of the song......... Nas doesn't sound high and half asleep. That's great news. His flow is way better then it's been in years. If he's stepping that up I'll should be happy with some of his album.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    THAT NEW NAS SCHITT IS DOPE

BTW, what's that sample, Rotary Connection? I recognize it, just can't remember what it's from.

• oh yeah.. this is from the new rolling stone about Nas' new album.

Nas
    Hip-Hop Is Dead

Due Out: September
    Recorded in New York

For his eighth studio album, Queensbridge MC Nas is taking it to the clubs. "I want it to be bangin'," he says. "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are Timbaland, Pharrell, Scott Storch, Dr. Dre and hip hop's newest "it" producer, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. "This one is gonna broaden my audience back up to where it needs to be," says Nas. It doesn't hurt that he's got rap's reigning king, Jay-Z, behind him; the former foes buried the hatchet and Hova signed Nas to Def Jam in January. Hard drums and crowd chants rull the Will.i.am-produced title track. On "War," a song about the politics of warfare, Nas trades verses with Damian Marley. "It has the head nod and that rocka bump," says Nas' co-manager Mark Pitts, who also confirms that Nas has been in touch with Michael Jackson in hopes of recording with him. "It's gonna show Nas' potential to cross over from hip hop to pop," says Pitts.

START HATING

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    It sounds like the Dells - from 'Dinner Music' maybe? Just a guess before we

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    oh yeah.. this is from the new rolling stone about Nas' new album.

Nas
    Hip-Hop Is Dead

Recorded in New York

For his eighth studio album, Queensbridge MC Nas is taking it to the clubs. "I want it to be bangin'," he says. "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are Timbaland, Pharrell, Scott Storch, Dr. Dre and hip hop's newest "it" producer, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. "This one is gonna broaden my audience back up to where it needs to be," says Nas. It doesn't hurt that he's got rap's reigning king, Jay-Z, behind him; the former foes buried the hatchet and Hova signed Nas to Def Jam in January. Hard drums and crowd chants rull the Will.i.am-produced title track. On "War," a song about the politics of warfare, Nas trades verses with Damian Marley. "It has the head nod and that rocka bump," says Nas' co-manager Mark Pitts, who also confirms that Nas has been in touch with Michael Jackson in hopes of recording with him. "It's gonna show Nas' potential to cross over from hip hop to pop," says Pitts.

START HATING

I can't front Will I.AM does have beats. but..hip-hop to pop? WTF?? Is he trying to go the becky route? Why the fuck is everyone trying to go that route now?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yep, what he said. What, do people hate hip-hop now? It's all in the culture you're from, cat's that don't know aren't loyal. They abandon shit like golddiggers when the fortune's gone. I find it irritating. It makes you wonder where they really down at all, or bandwagon riders.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are...hip hop's newest "it" producer, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas.

What "bangers" has Will turned out exactly?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are...hip hop's newest "it" producer, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas.

his own LP BBE was real dope, that I love my chick by busta, ....umm all of the B.E.P. crap. Man even that Sergio Mendez had some dope cuts (a lot of terds though).

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It doesn't hurt that he's got rap's reigning king, Jay-Z, behind him

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Is this the track that uses the same sample as real live's "Crime is Money"? This is what's wrong with rap nowadays, no original idea's anymore.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i'm definitely feelin this.. the non-existent drums took a sec to get accustomed to.. but if you bump it nice & loud, that bass carries the whole song. plus nas sounds hungry again, that's a plus.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    BTW, what's that sample, Rotary Connection? I recognize it, just can't remember what it's from.
    it's a sample from the track "rainy day in cernterville" by minnie ripperton from the come to my garden lp. and yes...real live flipped this shit like ten years ago on the crime is money 12". still sounds cool though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i'm definitely feelin this.. the non-existent drums took a sec to get accustomed to.. but if you bump it nice & loud, that bass carries the whole song. plus nas sounds hungry again, that's a plus.

I hear you but imagine this with some sick ass snares behind it. That would be "bangin".

it's a sample from the track "rainy day in cernterville" by minnie ripperton from the come to my garden lp.

RIGHT! RIGHT! THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!! i was close.

Yep, what he said. What, do people hate hip-hop now? It's all in the culture you're from, cat's that don't know aren't loyal. They abandon shit like golddiggers when the fortune's gone. I find it irritating. It makes you wonder where they really down at all, or bandwagon riders.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo P*t, what the deally yo? I'm-a scream at you when I get a second, you know I'm not good with phones. We need to get together and spend some time complaining about what's wrong with today's rap sap suckas like we usually do! OLD PEOPLE DO OLD THINGS

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    It sounds hot to me, but that summary of what his albums gonna sound like is pretty shitty. Nas and scott storch!? match made in heaven! ugh.

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts

Nas
    Hip-Hop Is Dead

Recorded in New York

START HATING

This album sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen!!!

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

He laced my main man Dex with some heat.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    That track is dope.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I just played this four times in row. Probably just a rough draft, but I'm digging the dynamics of the barebones minnie loop. Makes the lyrics stand out, braniac talk or not.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    It's decent (what can I say, I bought the green 7"), but it doesn't hold a candle to Prince Paul's Back to the Lab.

B-Side wins again.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks for this!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Nas
    Hip-Hop Is Dead

Recorded in New York

I read that awhile ago and my already substantial respect for Jay-Z's Machiavellian beefing abilities went through the roof.

It is now obvious that luring Nas to Def Jam was part of a masterplan to put the final nail in dude's coffin by executive producing his album and ensuring that it is as massive of a terd as can be imagined.

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    Is this the track that uses the same sample as real live's "Crime is Money"? This is what's wrong with rap nowadays, no original idea's anymore.

Yep sure is, and the Crime is Money track was DOPE.
    Wasn't that a K-Def production ?

(flip side of Real Live Sh*t right?)

That beat is WAAAAY more fire than this version.
    Though I will say I do kinda like the Nas track.
    I aint mad at it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The hook is weak but the rest of this song is nice enough that it doesn't matter

• "And if you want it bangin', you call the dudes with the bangers." In this case, the dudes are...hip hop's newest "it" producer, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas.

his own LP BBE was real dope, that I love my chick by busta, ....umm all of the B.E.P. crap. Man even that Sergio Mendez had some dope cuts (a lot of terds though).