Record Stores in Barcelona

GambleGamble 844 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I thought it would be a real breath of fresh air for you guys to see another post like this.So-Record shops in Barcelona? Whats the story? Im fiending for some Mocedades and maybe some spanish raers while im at it.thanks, Holmeys.

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    When are you going to be in Barcelona? I'm there as of the second week in July.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There is a street in the Gothic Quarter that had 3 or 4 record shops when I was there. They were well picked.

The rock-Andalusia stuff is great. Not easy to find and not cheap. The 45s are fun to dig through, they all have nice picture sleeves.

The flea markets are a little better. There is one in Cathedral Square where I found the best stuff. I paid, but it was worth it.

There are better things to do in Barcelona than look for records. I wasted a lot of time at the post office mailing records.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Wah Wah is comprable to Dusty Groove, Disco Edison's for stacks of used records of all kinds, the flea at uhh.. Els Encants? had a record vendor or two. Peep the flyers at those shops for any record shows going on. There's also a vintage cloting shop on the same street as WahWah and Edison's that post bills for various events like all-nighters and what not. There are a bunch more shops, but they're kinda run-of-the-mill. Worth a shot I guess, if you're craving loads of new wax. Although, you're in one of the world's most beautiful cities (filled with ladies of the same caliber), my advice is not to worry about vinyl TOO much.

• froovyfroovy 86 Posts
    Most of the record stores I found are mainly on one street the El Ravel side of La Rambla and not in the gothic quarter. Most of them are expensive or normal prices, I found one shop in the Ravel which had a box of about 150 funk 45s, only bought a couple as was chilling, on my next visit I thought I'd go for a proper rake and couldn't find the store! It's a maze!! Eventually found a second hand/antique store in Gracia (north of La Rambla) with about 5,000 45s of mainly 6ts & 7ts stuff, as was being hassled by my wife just grabbed a couple not really raers. Things like MGs, Soul Dracula, Wilson Picket etc pretty mainstream stuff. Make sure you head out of the gothic quarter to the Born, much more chilling nice bars and cafes and fewer tourists!

Most of the record stores I found are mainly on one street the El Ravel side of La Rambla and not in the gothic quarter. Most of them are expensive or normal prices, I found one shop in the Ravel which had a box of about 150 funk 45s, only bought a couple as was chilling, on my next visit I thought I'd go for a proper rake and couldn't find the store! It's a maze!! Eventually found a second hand/antique store in Gracia (north of La Rambla) with about 5,000 45s of mainly 6ts & 7ts stuff, as was being hassled by my wife just grabbed a couple not really raers. Things like MGs, Soul Dracula, Wilson Picket etc pretty mainstream stuff. Make sure you head out of the gothic quarter to the Born, much more chilling nice bars and cafes and fewer tourists!

Yeap.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Thanks for the info! A question: is it worth my while to bring trades?

Thanks for the info! A question: is it worth my while to bring trades?

The guy I met at the Cathedral Square flea market might be down for trades. I doubt the stores I went into or the other flea market guys would be interested in giving you fair trade. The email the CSFM guy gave me doesn't work so I've never been back in touch.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The aftermath from the San juan party has convinced me i dont need to go record shopping. A bottle of tequilla, short stay in jail, punches in the stomach from bouncers, constant harrasment from hookers and gay dudes.. i just need to fuckin rest . fuck some heavy as records. Thanks for all the info though fellas. Wasnt expecting such a big response. Lazer, im only here for about three more days, unfortunately.

The aftermath from the San juan party has convinced me i dont need to go record shopping. A bottle of tequilla, short stay in jail, punches in the stomach from bouncers, constant harrasment from hookers and gay dudes.. i just need to fuckin rest . Lazer, im only here for about three more days, unfortunately.

sounds like you are having a great time.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I absolutely am. This is one of the greatest cities in the world. Every night i return home feeling like a champion.

Barcelona is , full of

Every woman in Spain is knockout gorgeous until the day she becomes a widow and starts dressing all in black. They are even more beautiful in Barcelona.