Good "Cinema" You've Seen Lately...

2»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

man this was kinda heavy. chris marker seems likea bit of a dick but the film itself its quite breathtaking

huh? did you talk to him or something?

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

Such an insane journey, almost a fairytale whilst remaining fairly gritty and realistic.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Great, great, great. Thank you, Music Box Theatre.

A Gnarls press shot waiting to happen.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just saw Domino and Munich both of which were above average hollywood fare.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Such an insane journey, almost a fairytale whilst remaining fairly gritty and realistic.

this was nuts. it was on tv one night and every time i was ready to switch the channel it reeled me back in...there are some definite WTF is going on? moments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

damn yeah this is pretty good. check out "wheel of time" herzog put out at the same time. i also watched God's Angry Man recently, an older doc by Herzog about Dr. Gene Scott the crazy televangelist dude and it was insanely funny and creepy.

the scenes of this guy singing are worth it alone:

also watched this recently twice

partly cuz Alain Delon = hotty bogotty

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Alain Delon = hotty bogotty

yes.

• i havent actually seen it in a couple months but this is by far the most peculiar and enjoyable work s jean-luc godard in my oppinion

try to avoid this

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

My last girlfriend was so obsessed with Emir Kusturica films. They're mad. I still have nightmares about Underground. His movies have this distinctly european gritty feel. I dig it.

The last great film I watched was Fellini's Casanova.

I thought it was hilarious and gorgeous. I'd love to see the Cirque Du soleil interpretation of this. Instead of shit like the beatles tribute. "Love".

I saw the movie The Peaceful Warrior yesterday.

Nick Nolte essentially teaching buddhist philosophy to a cocky college athlete. I went to the screener, and at the and people literally stood and clapped. I thought it was more like a pretty decent after school special.

- spidey