I hooked up the audio! (BBoy-Battle-Related)

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
If someone who cares can have a look and tell me if the video is smooth enough... Can't tell from my shitty processor. Trainspotters can look out for Martha Cooper blocking my shot at about 27 secs Team Japan vs Repstyles (PA) 46Mbs

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    BTW, none of the bboys on So You Think You Can Dance could touch em.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Hey thanks for posting that battle.
    I really enjoyed it.

As for the video quality I cant really coment because my laptop struggles with anything I try to watch.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that was dope sasche. let me know next time shit like this pops off. that was you cutting doubles??

ha, that was Duce. He's moved back to the UK now.

I only have doubles of about 3 JB LPs. But I guess they're cheap these days so I could get some practice on.

I got audio of Bambaataa who played for the cipher afterwards on Serato but the mp3 crunchiness is an issue

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    team japan is fire, repstyles has always been hot or cold for me
    bboy contender battle im presuming?
    havent seen the video yet but thanks for the hookup

team japan is fire, repstyles has always been hot or cold for me
    bboy contender battle im presuming?
    havent seen the video yet but thanks for the hookup

Yeah contender semi. Good point about Repstyles. I like em, they got some styles and originality but sometimes a bit loose and unfocussed. Plus they were about 2 hrs late driving in and had to pretty much jump straight into the battle. As you can see at the end they still wanna go for it.

I've been watching (sometimes DJing with) Team Japan a lot over the past year or so and they got stronger and stronger. They ended up losing in the final to a team that was more acrobatic but not as smooth (NY Kings). Definitely a credit to the scene here in NYC.

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    they rep breaking in style 79 now right, i saw break easy (99% sure) with them just now in the battle

they rep breaking in style 79 now right, i saw break easy (99% sure) with them just now in the battle

Sort of, Breakeasy's last name is Santiago-Yamamoto (or something like that) so he can sub in sometimes He didn't compete in the final. But yeah he reps both crews and they are sort of extended fam. Team Japan, B.I.S., Dynasty Rockers and Breaks Kru are the local crews who are all connected at some level or other. At least they all come through for my parties. And to that