Jason X

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
My friend lent me a tape in what must have been the early 90???s and I think the artist was ???Jason X???.I was just getting back into hip hop at the time and thought the LP was OK and I wouldn???t mind hearing it again but I cant find anybody with a copy of the LP or anyone who even remembers it.Anyone have any info on Jason X and what the LP might have been called?

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    no help here, but wasnt jason x the one where jason vorhees is in a cryogenic state in outerspace?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i think it was during jasons short lived "black power" phase

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    no help here, but wasnt jason x the one where jason vorhees is in a cryogenic state in outerspace?

Jyeah!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

That's the one. I was up in the theater pronto to see that shit. It certainly lived up (or would that be lived down?) to expectations. The callback to the sleeping bag killing was genius, though, and it wasn't bad to look at Lexa Doig for a little while.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    on a related note, i thought FReddy vs. Jason was outstanding and didnt leave too much to be desired. Somehow Jason ended up being the good guy.

what about Michael Myers vs. Jason? seems like that would be even
    Michael vs. Freddy? gut instinct says freddy is much more dynamic, but dont forget that Michael is [loomis voice] pure evil [/loomis voice]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    on a related note, i thought FReddy vs. Jason was outstanding and didnt leave too much to be desired. Somehow Jason ended up being the good guy.
    that shit was fucking awesome
    although all i remember was passing around a bottle of 151 in the theater and then the ending being completely fucking ridiculous (in a good way)

aliens vs predator shits all over any of the movies mentioned in this thread though

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Jyeah!

great. i am now officially scared of space travel in a cryongenic state.

that shit was fucking awesome

although all i remember was passing around a bottle of 151 in the theater and then the ending being completely fucking ridiculous (in a good way)

aliens vs predator shits all over any of the movies mentioned in this thread though

i never even checked a vs. p
    i remember wiating for months to finally read the first comic book series(dark horse comics i think?). wasnt all that, but not bad either

151? we had rum and coke flowing at our viewing too. DAMN THAT MOVIE WAS SO GOOD!!! im a have to rent that soon

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you have to watch avp

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i own and love this dvd.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    we had rum and coke flowing

incidentally us too. there was like 10 people in the theatre.

remember the evil pot-head freddy monster???

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

remember the evil pot-head freddy monster???

hell yeah, it's like a fucked up bug thing that smokes a hooka with the fake jason mewes dude.

the dvd has a feature that lets you just watch all the death scenes in succession.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    you have to watch avp

two thanksgivings ago, a distant relative showed up (aunt-by-marriage's 9th cousin or some shit) who happened to be a stuntman. and he was an unhappy man because they had recently decided to film avp in france, which meant no american stuntmen would be used in the movie. this was heartbreaking to the american stuntman community because, apparently, being predator is every stuntman's dream.

you have to watch avp

two thanksgivings ago, a distant relative (aunt-by-marriage's 9th cousin or some shit) who happened to be a stuntman. and he was an unhappy man because they had recently decided to film avp in france, which meant no american stuntmen would be used in the movie. this was heartbreaking to the american stuntman community because, apparently, being predator is every stuntman's dream.

hahahaha thats dope!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

what about Michael Myers vs. Jason? seems like that would be even
    Michael vs. Freddy? gut instinct says freddy is much more dynamic, but dont forget that Michael is [loomis voice] pure evil [/loomis voice]

Enjoyed Freddy Vs Jason far more than I thought I would, was rooting for the lumbering slaughter machine all the way. Sad to see that refused Kane Hodder for the role due to height problems though.

On a related note, could anyone see another time in the future where two of the biggest franchise names are a Mentally handicapped child trapped in the rotting body of an undead and the resurrected flamed corpse of a child killer?

Sometimes I miss the eighties.