heads who don't have cars

Guantanamo_JonesGuantanamo_Jones 177 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
how many folks around here rely on their bicycle or public transportation for their moving needs. me, i ride bike year round even in during the dreadful winter days minneapolis sees. i am happy, it has its limitations, but i would never be able to afford insurance and car problems, the only thing that sucks is moving my records and other things i have accumulated in mass ammounts... but i love my bike, its vital to my livelyhood, public buses fucking suck

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    how many folks around here rely on their bicycle or public transportation for their moving needs. me, i ride bike year round even in during the dreadful winter days minneapolis sees. i am happy, it has its limitations, but i would never be able to afford insurance and car problems, the only thing that sucks is moving my records and other things i have accumulated in mass ammounts... but i love my bike, its vital to my livelyhood, public buses fucking suck

I don't have a car, I don't drive, and I even don't have a license.
    I live very near a subway station, and there are lots of bus lines to take me to wherever I need to go.
    I used to ride a bike, but in this place where I live riding a bike is like a suicide attempt. Drives don't respect bikers.

Driving in Sao Paulo would make me go crazy quickly; there are around 5 millions cars in this city, and I'm not counting those that come from other cities.

Peace

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    a car and car payments/insurance really tie you down, but a car is

but i live in the 'burbs, so, i dont have buses and subways.

a car in the city is just a pain in the ass

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    This goes out to heads who don't have cars
    All you foolz may as well be living on Mars!

You ain't gonna be procuring that puccini
    Unless you be hollerin' from a fly Lamborghini

Think about it son
    It just don't get done
    A fly honey going home with a brother who got none?

In closing I suggest if you want some play
    Git R Done and finance an automobile - it's the sensible way!

• This goes out to heads who don't have cars
    All you foolz may as well be living on Mars!

You ain't gonna be procuring that puccini
    Unless you be hollerin' from a fly Lamborghini

Think about it son
    It just don't get done
    A fly honey going home with a brother who got none?

In closing I suggest if you want some play
    Git R Done and finance an automobile - it's the sensible way!

shit i got a tandem ride ALL THE LADIES LOVE[/b]

and from what i hear from a few of my friends that have lived in brasil, i would not want to try to ride a bike on the street, shit sounds crazy.

i bike everywhere i got but as far as bike messenger/too cool biker types, they can eat a dick, just a bunch of smug filled hipsters

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    seriously, is this a minneapolis thing or what? ever since i moved here i can't escape them. road bike nazis rocking their chains & biking gloves like fashion accesories. i even saw a dude w/ his bike tattooed on his forearm.

• seriously, is this a minneapolis thing or what? ever since i moved here i can't escape them. road bike nazis rocking their chains & biking gloves like fashion accesories. i even saw a dude w/ his bike tattooed on his forearm.

i saw that shit too on a guy who had mullet dreadlocks

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    mullet dreadlocks

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    no auto here in brooklyn. not so necessary.

you twintown bikers (see: Beatstew72) are bananas riding in january... that's tattoo enough... scarification by hypothermia.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I wish I didn't need to have a car.

Record $$$ is insurance/gas/car note $$$

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I don't have a car, I don't drive, and I even don't have a license.
    I live very near a subway station, and there are lots of bus lines to take me to wherever I need to go.

me too.

i had a wicked time getting (bike) doubled by not one but two friends this weekend! that's a good way to travel after some drinks when you can shout "hey hot stuff!" at people on the sidewalk as you're whipping by.

i needed a goddamn step-ladder to get up on K's bike!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Does K have a magical back-pack that defeats gravity thus allowing him to take home all those records?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Does K have a magical back-pack that defeats gravity thus allowing him to take home all those records?

i don't ride and tell

• Options
    No, but age/knowledge help me leave behind what I don't need. I've hauled about 180 records 40+KM and was pretty sore the next day.

That said...

Cars are for suckers, K.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Cars are for suckers

!

i have a minivan that gets used only when absolutely neccesary.biking around the city is always one of th ehighlights of my day.

bike heads, many towns have car share situations that can help you out in a pinch.
    on the same note, non bike heads might consiedr unburdening themselves of their cars if their local car share situation was convenient.

• Cars are for suckers

!

i have a minivan that gets used only when absolutely neccesary.biking around the city is always one of th ehighlights of my day.

bike heads, many towns have car share situations that can help you out in a pinch.
    on the same note, non bike heads might consiedr unburdening themselves of their cars if their local car share situation was convenient.

yeah, there is a program in minneap called hour car co-op, my grocery slanging place of employment has a stall for on of the "hour cars", i don't have a liscence and i have only have driven like ten times but it is a very sweet program nontheless