Monty Alexander RASS! price explosion?

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Was it always a 150+ record? Last copy has been solf for more than 170, this one is going 100+ again. I had no idea. The price is currently exploding, right? I remember seeing it for 40 or something... Monty - RASS!

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i also was suprised to see this, i had no idea it was one of 'those' recordz.. i think i got mine for $14 or $16 at maybe amoeba LA, in 2004.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Daaammnn !!!

I've been trying to cop one of these for a little while but they were ending at the $60-70 mark...I thought that was expensive,definately not up for paying $100...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    That original Euro press always seems to go for a little more than the US pressing. I would say $100 is a bit steep but not THAT hard to believe. It's a killer record.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That original Euro press always seems to go for a little more than the US pressing. I would say $100 is a bit steep but not THAT hard to believe. It's a killer record.

Actually for quite a while the Euro press was less desirable, primarily because of the shite cover. I bought my copy for ~$50 a while back while the US press was steadily fetching $90+.

Has consistently been a $75-100 record round these parts.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• Options

Sold it on my first,second,fourth,fifth,10th list for a $100. Sold it last week for $100.

Great record that is about as easy as it gets for sales.

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's an old staple, but I've seen it vary in price greatly. For the last year or two it was at the $40-$60 mark quite often on ebay. Although for the in the roop stores it's always in the $75-$100 range.

I remember people not feeling this record in threads bitd, saying it's a one tracker. I highly disagree........the "let's stay together" cover is sublime.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

I had a thread about this a little while ago (can't find it), but yeah, it's a dope record. Bought my vg+ copy for 10??? a while back. I guess that shitty cover helped the price

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

You really can't fuck with those MPS pressings - quality is

• Still a 20,- EURO record -

Flohmarktware!

Gr??sse
    Seb

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Still a 20,- EURO record -

Flohmarktware!

Gr??sse
    Seb

that's what i thought. altough i hardly ever see the record. i have yet to find a copy at a flea market, but your area is better for flea markets anyways, Seb. My local flea markets suck!

plus, i know your digging is