Egotrip producing "The White Rapper Show"

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
is Serch looking like John Tuturro these days or whathttp://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5781
VH1 has orderd eight one-hour episodes of the new comedic reality series Egotrip Presents the White Rapper Show.Hosted by Michael "MC Serch" Berrin, a former member of the pioneering white rap group 3rd Bass, the imaginative program features 12 white contestants who will compete in a series of challenges to test their rap skills and ability to mesh with black culture."In 2007, the mighty Egotrip collective and 12 hungry white rappers will put a black-eye on the face of reality television," Egotrip/XXL's Elliott Wilson told AllHipHop.com. As far as revealing any episode details, our lips are sealed like the Go-Go's. But rest assured we're working around the clock with Ken Mok. He's taking a break from his top models to be our genie in the bottle. This show will blow cause I said so. Get your DVR's ready!"The participants will also live together in the South Bronx while facing a variety of creative and cultural trials with the winner taking home a cash prize.The show will be co-executive produced by Egotrip, the multimedia production company behind TV's Illest Minority Moments and the three-part spec Race-O-Rama.White Rapper is the latest reality show by VH1 with a Hip-Hop theme. Earlier this year, VH1 announced the addition of a new reality series featuring Ice T entitled Rap School.In Rap School, the rapper-turned-actor will coach and train a class of seventh and eight graders from New York City's exclusive York Prep on the basics of becoming an MC.VH1 also has a docudrama pilot in the works with Houston rapper Paul Wall.

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I wonder how much time will be spent on message boarding and keystyles, the forgotten 5th and 6th elements of hip-hop.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What's the over/under on how many episodes into it until someone drops an N-bomb?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    1st episode!

"It's different wit' me, son. You ain't earned the right to say that shit."

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i saw this posted on the sage francis board and dude is so appalled and outraged about it. heh

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "It's different wit' me, son. You ain't earned the right to say that shit."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This will be fun i cant wait to see it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i saw this posted on the sage francis board and dude is so appalled and outraged about it. heh

How hilarious and predictable.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the concept seems a little lame. i would expect more from the ego trip camp. but if anybody can make something entertaining out of it, it'd be them.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the concept seems a little lame.
    agreed, it may have been funnier pre-eminem. The jokes not as effective nowadays. Doesn't mean I won't be whoring myself out to be a producer on this if it goes to second season though

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    agreed, it may have been funnier pre-eminem. The jokes not as effective nowadays. Doesn't mean I won't be whoring myself out to be a
    producer contestant if it goes to second season though

GO BIG, HOMMIE!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    agreed, it may have been funnier pre-eminem. The jokes not as effective nowadays. Doesn't mean I won't be whoring myself out to be a
    producer contestant on this if it goes to second season though

GO BIG, HOMMIE!

is it time to dust off the mic?

I don't know if the world is ready for my thimble raps

• i saw this posted on the sage francis board and dude is so appalled and outraged about it. heh

that dude gets appalled and outraged about everything, I have talked to him for a few prolonged periods of time in person and he seems real chill, but i think he has a chronic freak out problem when he's all alone, or on the internet

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

that dude gets appalled and outraged about everything, I have talked to him for a few prolonged periods of time in person and he seems real chill, but i think he has a chronic freak out problem when he's on the internet

Hey, I resemble that comment.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What's the over/under on how many episodes into it until someone drops an N-bomb?

I don't know, is y'all's broshot J*st*n gonna be on it?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    the concept seems a little lame. i would expect more from the ego trip camp.

exactly what i was thinking

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I don't know, is y'all's broshot J*st*n gonna be on it?

Do the show's rules allow karaoke as an acceptable rap medium?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    funny how mostly white dudes are "appauled" or think it's "boring".

"appauled"

??????????????

"appauled"

??????????????

SUMMA. OF. YOUNG. PHONICS.

AKA

YOUNG PHON CITY!

Completar con estos requerimientos no garantiza matriculacion.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

So you're saying that you think the concept of "white rapper" is a fresh one in 2006?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

So you're saying that you think the concept of "white rapper" is a fresh one in 2006?

We would all welcome the Latino perspective on the freshness of white rappers in '06.

Actually I'm glad someone is at least trying to tackle an issue like this. And yes it still is something to grasp with people of color (or as I like to say "what's up with the Elvis-ing of hip-hop?").

dudes all mad on some "HOW DARE THEY QUESTION!" schitt.

We would all welcome the Latino perspective on the freshness of white rappers in '06.

DIOS MIO!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Actually I'm glad someone is at least trying to tackle an issue like this. And yes it still is something to grasp with people of color (or as I like to say "what's up with the Elvis-ing of hip-hop?").

dudes all mad on some "HOW DARE THEY QUESTION!" schitt.

Hey, I just wanna see Serch serve this batch of wetmouths. Plus, as noted above, if anybody can make this funny and must-see TV, it's the ego tripsters.

Whitey Whiterson signing off.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Actually I'm glad someone is at least trying to tackle an issue like this.

It's about time! The media has been silent for too long!

Seriously moisty, I do agree that there's a lot to be said about the topic, and, like i said, based on their track record, the ego trippers could do it justice. But usually these sorts of things seem to boil down to "isn't it funny when white people say 'yo!'?" more than any sort of critical analysis. Especially within a relatively uncontrollable environment like reality tv.

Actually I'm glad someone is at least trying to tackle an issue like this.

It's about time! The media has been silent for too long!

Seriously moisty, I do agree that there's a lot to be said about the topic,

Yeah and couple of random books and box office duds isn't shit.

"isn't it funny when white people say 'yo!'?" more than any sort of critical analysis.

So what you're complaining about the negative portrail of "white people" now!!??!??!?! Welcome to our side homie.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "isn't it funny when white people say 'yo!'?" more than any sort of critical analysis.

So what you're complaining about the negative portrail of "white people" now!!??!??!?! Welcome to our side homie.

Please "homie". I am complaining about played out jokes. Stop trying to make this something it's not.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Especially within a relatively uncontrollable environment like reality tv.

I can almost guarantee this show is going to be composed of ringers and professional actors.

Reality TV is nowhere close to real