Crackety-crack bullshit

ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
ripped from ByronCrawford.com. I know he's been argued about before on here but anyways check the little article.The Future of Hip-Hop?First there was Mike Shinoda's Fort Minor side-project. The album didn't do too hot its first week on Billboard's albums chart, but if you notice, you can still hear the song "Where'd You Go" all the time on several different crackety-crack radio stations.Its album, The Rising Tied, meanwhile, is the only hip-hop album in the top five of iTunes' hip-hop albums chart that wasn't actually released this Tuesday, as you can see on the front page of xxlmag. It's been hanging around the upper reaches of said chart since forever now.Now it looks like the Gnarls Barkley album may be following a similar pattern. Having debuted in the lower reaches of Billboard's albums chart, its sales increased 32% percent this week to nearly 48,000 units sold, and it rose to #11 on the chart from #14 (and #21 previous to that).In my car the other day, I noticed that "Crazy" was playing on two crackety-crack radio stations at once, which is just something you don't see too often. This can't possibly bode well for the rest of the summer.Later this year will see the release of a Christina Aguilera album produced by DJ Premier and a Jurassic 5 album featuring a song with Dave Matthews. Could this crackety-crack bullshit be the future of hip-hop?After the jump is a video of Gnarls Barkley performing "Crazy" dressed up as characters from Star Wars, from this year's MTV Movie Awards. It's pretty gay.I don't see white people ruling hip hop any time soon or ever but people like Dave Matthews should never be associated with hip hop, maybe the other Dave Matthews, but not that Dave Matthews.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    real shit will be released and appreciated
    fuck all this bullshit