JAMAICA TO TORONTO: JULY 15, HARBOURFRONT CENTRE

stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
edited June 2006 in Announcements
hey y'all... super stoked to announce this historic event!!!mandatory and crucial...Jamaica to Toronto Record Release PartyJuly 15 @ Harbourfront Centre, Toronto - FREE SHOWfeat. Lloyd Delpratt, Noel Ellis, The Mighty Pope, Jay Douglas (Cougars), Bob & Wisdom, Everton "Pablo" Paul (Cougars, Wayne McGhie & The Sounds of Joy, Jackie Mittoo), and many more.for updates and more info...http://www.lightintheattic.net/releases/jamaicatotoronto/ or hit me personally at [email]sipreano@telus.net[/email]

Comments

• Options
    True music Dons. Respect.

K in ...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    bataan is also performing that weekend...........tis shall be good

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    hope to see all toronto strutters/lurkers/mothers/fathers/sisters/brothers/cousins/aunts/uncles/grandads/grandmothers at this...

just to see pablo (sounds of joy, jackie mittoo, etc...) hit them traps will be a treat in itself...

sup KL and aser! yeah, i'm gonna peep bataan as well... craze weekend of free (WTF???) music...

soon come...

• whoa, i'm there!

boss! please spread the word...

rehearsals are on point.
    this should be fun!!!
    locals should peep citytv's breakfast TV this tuesday for a taste and NOW on thursday for a cover story!!!
    some long overdue respect for these talents...

almost here.
    CDs out now. 2LP and limited 7"s to follow...
    see you there...
    sipreano

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yes yes yes, joe bataan tomorrow w00t, and then this too.

excellent excellent excellent.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I wish I was in Vancouver right now. So crucial. And yes, this CD is absolutely incredible. A must to coppeth.

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it to this, but it looks like myself and the missus will be hitting it after all. Niceness. I see this show being packed, considering all the coverage it's been getting in Now and Eye. Aser, hit me on the portable Alexander Graham Bell telecommunications device to link up. Does anyone know how long the show is scheduled for? It's supposed to be a hot and clear Toronto night. Again, niceness...

hello everybody. sup cos?
    the jamaica to toronto folks start at 9:30 and play to 11:00.
    everybody's sounding fine...
    hope to see y'all there...
    sip

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Sip, congratz bro.

that's sweet cos. right back at ya...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    !!!!!!!!!

that is all I have to say.

• Options
    !!!!!!!!!

Talk about stage presence. It's funny that I had contacted about 5-6 of these dudes and talked with them about their records, but had never seen them perform. DAMN. It was nice getting all my records signed too...

K in Canada.

!!!!!!!!!

bigs ups to aser, KL, and everyone who made this night boss...