Mislabeled 45 question

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
i got my hands on two big lots of 45s lately and was trying to sort stuff out in one of them last night and came across a weirdly labeled one. It's The Moments, i didn't write down the track name, but the 45 has the B Side label on both sides of the record. ST 5012 B. There are two different songs on there so obviously one is missing the A side label and got the B. To my knowledge nothing on Stang is raer, but is this like the Cal Ripken "F' You" bat or anything? Doubtful, but figured i'd czech in.

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    the bat said "Fuck Face".

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Haha...thank you.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    To my knowledge nothing on Stang is raer

All the copies of this non-raerity can be sent to my address. And I don't even wanna go to all of those commons on All Platinum and Turbo.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    actually the moments do have a $30+ 45. also the whatnauts LPs are all worth some dough. usually $100+ especially for the On the Rocks LP that markus mentioned.

so do you have "love on a two way street" with "not on the outside" or "i wont do anything" on the flip?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    actually the moments do have a $3000+ 45.

Once when I was 18 I found a James Brown 'Hot Pants' 45 that had Tommy James 'Draggin the Line' mispressed on the b-side.

I thought I had surely found a great rarity.

then I got laughed at by older more experienced record hounds.

yes this is true but thats on hog not stang. though that is a super nice 45. never owned just heard.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Thanks for the replies.

It's "I Won't Do anything" labeled twice. Gotta listen in to catch the lyrics / chorus on the other one tonight to figure out what track it is. Didn't know The Moments has a Stang 45 that was worth that much. i have and just got more (thanks T*m) Moments 45s and 4 Whatnauts on Stang. "World Solution" is my favorite tune of the bunch.

The Whatnauts LPs are obvious...i was speaking on the Stang (and only Stang) 45s.

Could i get a scan of a Platinum label? i have none.

peace

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

yes this is true but thats on hog not stang. though that is a super nice 45. never owned just heard.

yeh yeh, I know.

were you talking about 'rain in my backyard'?

that books high but seems to sell for about 8-10 bucks.

good 70's tune - there must be a couple dozen copies in a local spot here.

---

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    actually the moments do have a $30+ 45. also the whatnauts LPs are all worth some dough. usually $100+ especially for the On the Rocks LP that markus mentioned.

so do you have "love on a two way street" with "not on the outside" or "i wont do anything" on the flip?

Jinx, i see what yer saying. i noticed that they tried some of the same tunes across a couple 45s.

So it's 'Love On A Two Way St.' A and 'I Won't Do Anything' B. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

It's "I Won't Do anything" labeled twice. Gotta listen in to catch the lyrics / chorus on the other one tonight to figure out what track it is. Didn't know The Moments has a Stang 45 that was worth that much. i have and just got more (thanks T*m) Moments 45s and 4 Whatnauts on Stang. "World Solution" is my favorite tune of the bunch.

The Whatnauts LPs are obvious...i was speaking on the Stang (and only Stang) 45s.

Could i get a scan of a Platinum label? i have none.

peace

type in "all platinum" on any search engine and im pretty sure youll pop up with a bunch. sorry i dont have any scans.

do you have moments and the whatnauts' "girls"? i really like this tune.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    comparing records to baseball cards is
    (where is that ol leo sayer greaemlin?)

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Yawn.

Yeah it's Girls Pts. 1 & 2 if i remember correct. Good stuff.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

And not accurate either

There are LOADS of mispressings in the vinyl world, collectors take note of very few (the most hilarious I've run across is a late-70s ELO record with a Doors inner gatefold inside the sleeve)

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Post a pic

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Just a great sentence in any context.

Man Club: Use it three times today without using the terms Cal Ripken, baseball card, or soulstrut.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Post a pic

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I have a copy of the 45 by All the people "Cramp your style" on Blue Candle but both labels are for another artist/song on blue candle. That was a wonderful thing to find in a bargin bin.

Don't ask me whic records because I don't know but there are some mispressings out there with one artist on one side and another on side B. But the Side B fuck up was something that wasn't supposed to get pressed to begin with or a different mastering that was never supposed to come out. There a few out there like that, that jackasse beatles collectros pay loads for.