Price czech Mary Lous mass

leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Heard a lot about this lp and heard some of the songs, seems like a really nice album but what do you guys value this to? Sorry for the little guy question but jazz isn't really my expertise just yet /L

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Around $150 or so. I still have yet to hear this whole album.

• Around $150 or so. I still have yet to hear this whole album.

Unfortunately, i have to co-sign this amount. Used to be $50-80, but has gone up a lot over the last year.

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Great stuff guys, thanks for the quick info! Mary seems like a great artist, heard some other stuff and it was nice n' melluh

Also one i need price check is the US Sussex og of Rodriguez "cold fact", not one i'm mafter but getting rid of..

peace
    L

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I don't think those Rodriguez records go for much of anything. I remember checking him out years ago. My conclusion?

I don't think those Rodriguez records go for much of anything. I remember checking him out years ago. My conclusion?

Yeah i'm no big fan either, i like that sugarman track but i got the lp cheap so i just picked it up but it's been collecting dust since i got it, didn't have high hopes about it really..

/L

• i bought my Rodriguez for $6. I'd say a copy can fetch $25-30.

i bought my Rodriguez for $6. I'd say a copy can fetch $25-30.

Ok, thanks dewds for the fast info

/L

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Mary Lou's Mass is absolutely fantastic. Far and away my favourite Gospel LP. I'd say it clocks in at somewhere between $120-150. Anything under $1oo is a really good deal.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Rodriguez seems to be having a bit of a renaissance at the moment. $25-30 sounds about right.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Mary Lou's Mass is absolutely fantastic. Far and away my favourite Gospel LP. I'd say it clocks in at somewhere between $120-150. Anything under $1oo is a really good deal.

I've seen clean copies slip below $100 every now and then in the eWorld. Just keep checking.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Rodriguez is dope.
    i've been told he still walks the detroit streets.
    with a major fan base in Australia and Brazil.
    Cold Fact still is a $30 - $40 record.
    The other one more like $20.

peace.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    Rodriguez is dope.

seriously.
    much more than just sugarman.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Isn't the OG issue of it called Music For Peace? It's also on the Mary label, has a real dope David Stone Martin cover. A great LP.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Isn't the OG issue of it called Music For Peace? It's also on the Mary label, has a real dope David Stone Martin cover. A great LP.

As far as I know MASS is a repackaging of MFP with bonus tracks... but I've not been able to confirm.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

As far as I know MASS is a repackaging of MFP with bonus tracks... but I've not been able to confirm.

truth.
    the extra tracks on ML's Mass were added after Alvin Ailey's dance company decided to do a choreography and take it on the road. Guess they needed/wanted more music to dance to.

now who has a Mary lou's Mass for me?