memoirs of redefinition radio (trivial hip hop...)

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Hello good people. Have you ever thought to yourself, 'I really would like to know a lot of interesting but useless things about Hip Hop.'? Have you ever listened to Redefinition Radio* and thought, 'I feel like Kevin really had more to say about that song but held back.'? If so, then you are having one hell of a lucky day!I have been spent that the last couple months or so getting a "Redefinition Radio" blog page together. It is now well stocked with all sorts of great info. You can find a lot of info that coincides with all my main theme shows as well the complete lists that I compiled during my research for all of these shows:-Hip Hop Around The Globe-Reminiscing On Hip Hop-History of Women In Hip Hop-History of Storytelling In Hip Hop-History of Reggae Hip HopPlus I've started to add some random stories from recent playlist. You can learn about some claims of how LL Cool J got his style via Tla Rock and Mikey D. Find out what Ill from Ill Al Scratch got his rap start. Hear about one of my favorite Old School crews, The Crash Crew. Learn about underground Chicago rap legend Steady Serv. That's just the beginning...It's all that and so much more info that you will probably be entertained and intrigued by if you read, but otherwise possibly wouldn't really care about...and honestly, that's the beauty of it. The blog will be updated weekly and generally coincide with what is going on the radio show. Please come by read and leave comments, suggestions, corrections (i'm not as perfect as I like to think I am or so i'm told....ha), and whatever else you think it's relevant or not. Direct Link To The Redefinition Radio Blog: redefradio.gather.comto connect with me direct: http://kevinbeacham.gather.com/memberInvite.jsp Hear The Shows/See All The Playlists: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/programs/redefinition_radio/you can also "cyber chill" with me here: www.myspace.com/djnikoless