Who's Down For an eBay Fast?

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    As a very very little dude in the eBay business I say I'm in. Just got burnt slightly (paying too much) and I'm all for staying away from the 'bay.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The longest I went without buying a single record was 4 months. I was trying to at least lay off eBay this month and just stick to stores where I don't often find much, but still get the cheap thrill of fliping through records to tide my jonesing over, but shit keeps on popping up. For a while I told myself that I would only buy records under $10 off the bay, but damn if that didn't stop me. I will support you all, but can't join you (even though I really should with my bills, mortgage, and kid).

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Ok, I'm in.

Let's make it a month starting tomorrow.

And prizes for those who can make it...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ok, I'm in.

yes!

SOI: they are calling you, why do you fight your destiny?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I've already decided I'm buying SOMETHING *Buy It Now* tonight, just to get it out of my system.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Sweet.

And after giving it careful thought last night, I am going NO RECORDS for this time period. Which doesn't mean I can't have something put on hold...

Oh, I'm also planning to SELL during that month, all profits finding their way to my checking account and not treated as trade value thru PayPal.

PEOPLE, GET READY!

Sweet.

And after giving it careful thought last night, I am going NO RECORDS for this time period. Which doesn't mean I can't have something put on hold...

Oh, I'm also planning to SELL during that month, all profits finding their way to my checking account and not treated as trade value thru PayPal.

PEOPLE, GET READY!

I'd like to go NO RECORDS, but the possibility of a trip to NYC is making that a tough commitment.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    i have one auction already in play,
    but it's time for me to take an ebay fast.

i'm in.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Ok, I'm in.

And prizes for those who can make it...

you know I'm gonna bid on one last sweet soul record today though right?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    everyone on this thread should be banned

how could you traitors even consider doing this when there are soulstrut auctions up?

this is undermining soulsturt's financial footing

Hey man...I can still buy Strut T-Shirts. And, that Breakbeatraer EP.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    everyone on this thread should be banned

how could you traitors even consider doing this when there are soulstrut auctions up?

this is undermining soulsturt's financial footing

I never saw it from that perspective.

I'm refraining myself from spending money because I need to start stacking up my funds for some things that I have to do (pay debts/bills) and things that I would like to do (much needed vacation, computer, etc,.)

I really would like to help RAJ out and when I'm done with this, I will bid $100 on one of his records.

-Mike

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo! i was jus kidding!!!!!

Not kidding about the fact that this may be starting about 12 hours later for me...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i've never used e-bay, and i dont know if i ever will.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Drewn I just wanted to say this is a brilliant plan you have--getting people to quit ebay so you can get the records you want for cheap under your new secret ID. I wish I had the idea first.

Drewn I just wanted to say this is a brilliant plan you have--getting people to quit ebay so you can get the records you want for cheap under your new secret ID. I wish I had the idea first.

DAMNIT, why didn't I think of that?!?

I have $80 left in my PayPal account...how should I spend it within the next 12 hours?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

I have $80 left in my PayPal account...how should I spend it within in the next 12 hours?

spend it on your checking account!

I have $80 left in my PayPal account...how should I spend it within in the next 12 hours?

spend it on your checking account!

It's about to be too late...I paged Breakself for a private emergency late night phone dealer session.

Plus, I get to help a hommie out.

And, I just gotta have one more package to expect in the coming week and I'll be good.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I'm in. Wedding coming up, trying to save. Been holding back a bit for the last few weeks, but I'll go in for the long haul. Time to learn that records will still be there in a month.

CO-SIGN!

...and with payment sent for Steve Parks, THE FAST BEGINS*

*Too bad I didn't take into account going back to Detroit in July. Oh well...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've been pretty good lately. I just need to stop having friends PM with "hey, I'm selling this", or "I tracked down ***** and got sealed copies of *****".

PS: if you are a PMing friend who's reading this - I didn't mean a word of that - plaese to continue.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    ...and with payment sent for Steve Parks, THE FAST BEGINS*

who else wants to spend some money????? It's SOOOOOO fun!! - I've been doing it all summer.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    You must be crazy: This is the summer fling. No better time to buy than June-August.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    yo! i was jus kidding!!!!!

I am serious about that eBay bid, though.

• ...am seriously considering this. One question though: are you allowed to buy records oustide of ebay? Not ready for a complete fast

oh and, selling is a good idea, but means that you'll probably be "checking in" w/ the same frequency as when you're a buyer - not really abstinence A*a***e**!

...am seriously considering this. One question though: are you allowed to buy records oustide of ebay? Not ready for a complete fast

It's your choice. I was only gunning for eBay, but have since made the greater committment and am sticking to it.

oh and, selling is a good idea, but means that you'll probably be "checking in" w/ the same frequency as when you're a buyer - not really abstinence A*a***e**!

But it's such a good way to make supplemental paper! I figure it's worth the risk. Miraculously (or maybe not so) my Saved Searches did not show up this morning in my e-mail.

This is a good start.

• I'm in! Will need a support group though

Spoke too soon about the Saved Searches...

I'm in! Will need a support group though

That's what we in this thread are here for. Feel free to PM in a moment of weakness!

• Spoke too soon about the Saved Searches...

Step 1: clear out the watchlist

Step 2: repeat step one, but for the saved searches

Step 3: report back to this threat for gratious (sp?) pats on the back and support

Step 4: step your trading game up

add on...