Who's Down For an eBay Fast?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
There's one item ending in a couple days that is a MUST, but after that (win or lose), I'm curling up my trigger finger.June 15 - July 15, 2006[/b]Could use your support.Anybody else game?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    whats the reason?

• What are the supplies one needs to go through an "Ebay" withdrawal?

Let us know if you see dead babies crawling towards you on the ceiling.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Oh, nothing against the Bay, I'm just trying to bulk up the checking account as opposed to seeing it as loot to be spent in that department. This really just a test of personal wills that will end up being beneficial.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I've been on an eBay fast since May 31st and I'm more than willing to extend that up until July 15th.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    June 23rd is my last day at work, i might as well get used to my new economic reality sooner than later.

I've been on an eBay fast since May 31st and I'm more than willing to extend that up until July 15th.

Solllid. Let's get a few more commitments...I am afraid to go down this road alone!

What are the supplies one needs to go through an "Ebay" withdrawal?

Let us know if you see dead babies crawling towards you on the ceiling.

Haha, well, I think somehow disabling saved searches would be a good start. That function is the death of me.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Solllid. Let's get a few more commitments...I am afraid to go down this road alone!

I'm in. Wedding coming up, trying to save. Been holding back a bit for the last few weeks, but I'll go in for the long haul. Time to learn that records will still be there in a month.

So far:

drewn
    bellcity1
    missbassie
    kitchenknight

Everyone else still has until the 15th to make up your minds and get your final bids in before then.

Report back!

• Could all of you please post your want lists? I'll help by reporting back how cheaply those records go for during the allotted period.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    So far:

drewn
    bellcity1
    missbassie
    kitchenknight

Everyone else still has until the 15th to make up your minds and get your final bids in before then.

Report back!

as soon as all of you sleep I begin my attack

• I'm in, no more shoes and records. I'm going to actually try and fast from records all together in that time period.

I'm going to actually try and fast from records all together in that time period.
    The real test. I'll try an all record fast between 6/15 and 7/15.

I'm in, no more shoes and records. I'm going to actually try and fast from records all together in that time period.

Mmm...the ante has been upped.
    I will be taking this into consideration during the next 24+ hours (crucial)!

I'm going to actually try and fast from records all together in that time period.

i am not willing to go that far.

I guess I was assuming the next month will be as dry as its been locally for a good little while, no tripledouble.

DO THIS OR YOU'RE SOFTEE!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Oh, nothing against the Bay, I'm just trying to bulk up the checking account as opposed to seeing it as loot to be spent in that department. This really just a test of personal wills that will end up being beneficial.

Don't you hate it when one of your buddies decides to quit shooting heroin and he tries to convince everyone around him they should do it too.....that it might be fun to quit for a while.......I hate when that happens.........like they say, misery loves company!!

DO THIS OR YOU'RE SOFTEE!!!

i already am a softie!

i'd just be lying if i said i would go cold turkey.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm in.

(I might go through withdrawals once or twice though)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm in.

I implore you guys to get 99problems and SoulonIce involved

I'm in.

I implore you guys to get 99problems, SoulonIce, and Reynaldo[/b] involved

DA RAEL TET

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The schitt keeps calling me, man. It just keeps calling me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Anybody else game?

let me put it this way. You can bet my bank account could be empty, but my watch list full.

• I'm in. haven't bought a record on ebay for over 3 months and i hope i never do again. life is so much better without ebay. so many wasted hours.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I implore you guys to get 99problems and SoulonIce involved

No way, doggies - my eBay game has been en fuego lately.

Besides, with all you 12-steppers out the way, I'll be cleaning up.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I've actually found it pretty easy of late; new job with new expenses makes it pretty easy. Plus, my last job was a snoooooooze, so I would just sit for hours buying shit. Now, new job has me up and about, not sitting at a computer for hours at a time, and my ebay game is way down. Perfect timing with the wedding and honeymoon on the horizon.

Besides, I'm going to a furniture auction next weekend, so not all my spending is on freeze.

• Options
    The schitt keeps calling me, man. It just keeps calling me.

Do you know what it's saying?

K.

• I'm in. If i slip, Will you guys be there to support me?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Fuck that. I NEED to be spending more money on ebay. I'm slipping.