L.A. people-Hot 92.3 shows (Saturday and June 17)?

ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
Who's going to the War/Tierra/Malo show on Saturday at the Greek Theatre? If you miss that, there's the Persuaders, Chi-Lites, Stylistics, etc playing on June 17th which sounds like it would be crazy too.http://www.hot923.com/hotconcerts.html

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Killer show. Talked records with couple of cuties that are also collectors (one of them brought up Day and his Rootdown shindig for her 21st b-day, coincidentally). I was surpised how well it came off since there were only like 1 or 2 original members for each band. Tierra did "It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad" which was butter. I was feelin the lead singer's white pimp suit. War was dope and did all their signature songs. I liked it when Lonnie Jordan was dancing on stage and telling everybody that you shouldn't try this at home, especially if you're 57 years old. As a closer during "Lowrider" they even did a little cover medley in the middle when intruducing each member (guitarist did licks from "Higher Ground", bassist with "Sunshine Of Your Love" and the drummer killed it with "Ironman"). Hopefully the soul show on 17th will be just as good.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    awesome, ry ry. was out of town but that sounded like a solid line up.

which reminds me, i saw DJ DAY'S name in the LA WEEKLY and i felt all proud and shit cuz i know that guy!!!

thursday night BITCHESSSSSS!!!!! support the dude!!!