FUCK YOU PAYPAL

mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I wake up this morning and check my e-mail over a cup of coffee. It was a nice, relaxing Sunday morning...until I started to READ my e-mail.Apparently, my PayPal account has been 'compromised', and to 'ensure my security', my account has been frozen. Now for the 'what the fuck' moment - I only found this out by three different people emailing me telling me that THE MONEY I HAD PAID THEM ALMOST A MONTH AGO HAD BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THEIR ACCOUNTS BY PAYPAL.We're talking finished transactions, positive feedback left by both sides. Jesus fucking Christ, this is pissing me off. Oh, and of course they aren't there on Sunday to answer the phone about this bullshit.

Comments

• I wake up this morning and check my e-mail over a cup of coffee. It was a nice, relaxing Sunday morning...until I started to READ my e-mail.

Apparently, my PayPal account has been 'compromised', and to 'ensure my security', my account has been frozen. Now for the 'what the fuck' moment - I only found this out by three different people emailing me telling me that THE MONEY I HAD PAID THEM ALMOST A MONTH AGO HAD BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THEIR ACCOUNTS BY PAYPAL.

We're talking finished transactions, positive feedback left by both sides. Jesus fucking Christ, this is pissing me off. Oh, and of course they aren't there on Sunday to answer the phone about this bullshit.

PayPal.com
    888-215-5506
    888-221-1161
    [/b]

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    Word, on the phone now!!!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    This doesn't make sense. Money you sent them has been taken out of their account? Has it been sent back to you? Sounds like a phising (sp?) scam.

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    It makes no sense at all!

I called the 1-888 number, and now I am allowed to receive payments at least.

I have no fucking idea why they would yank money back from people I had paid long ago!

It scares me that they can go in and take money from you!!!

Although they didn't/couldn't divulge everything, they were in fact quite nice, and assured shit will be fine and sorted within days.

I DO have to send them a photocopy of my driver's license and a utility bill to confirm that I am still who I say I am....

Whatever, that's the cost of online business...

EDIT: No, the money was not even sent back to me, it is being 'held' by PayPal until the 'investigation' is over.

What a strange day it's been.

• ExtraExtraExtraExtra 209 Posts
    i get an email from paypal about every other day. all pretty decent phishing scams. Ocasionally I read them just to see how good they actually are, but never pay attention. Same with ebay emails. Nothing is ever affected in the end.