cartridge cases

loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
are these a good look?i'm tired of dragging around 2 plastic Ortofon cases.who makes the best one or what's a good alternative, dudes?

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    man, i bought some cheap ass Pickering ( ) needles a few years back because they came with white headshells... they also came with a case that is the shit... it's metal, so it's sturdy, it holds four cartridges, and it's not too big... the whole thing, needles, headshells, and case, was only like $30... great investment

whoa, the website that had this image had the bundle listed at $154.99, obviously these are a different model, and at that price the case isn't worth it... but if you can find some cheap ones, i highly reccomend picking them up

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Spend the $25 and get the blue Shure case. It's worth protecting your equipment.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    Spend the $25 and get the blue Shure case. It's worth protecting your equipment.

i don't think that case works with the Ortofon Concorde cartridges.

anybody have that wooden Vestax joint?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

i don't think that case works with the Ortofon Concorde cartridges.

anybody have that wooden Vestax joint?

Nah they don't. I used to have the wooden jawn. It's cool.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    i have the wooden case, too, and i'm telling you the pickering shit is better... and much less $$$

but now that i think about it, i don't know if concordes will fit in there... i use headshell mounted ortofons

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    i'll give the wood case a shot.

i remember you were looking into new cartridges a while back, Cosmo.

what are you rocking right now?