Full-Time Employed Strutters: I Need a Favor!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Hey,I have to collect additional data for a paper on which I'm lead-author. I've been given the opportunity to revise for possible publication in a top research journal. I ask that you complete a short, anonymous work-related attitude survey at the following link: Link to Stacks's Research Survey Please complete the survey only once. Only full-time employed Strutters are asked to participate. If possible, I need to get this completed as soon as possible. I'll provide a copy of the completed paper, if its published, to those who are interested. Thanks for your help!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Good luck, mane.

• Question, Should those who do NOT reside in the US be doing this survey?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    done.

i'm offended by the "survey monkey" though

plaese to post results later. thanks.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

It probably doesn't matter, but the majority of responses are likely to come from U.S. folks. Thanks to all those that have participated thus far. This would be a nice publication to get going into my tenure vote this Fall. My senior colleagues have said I have a great shot.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    done, I'm assuming it doesn't matter if youre freelance

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    done, I'm assuming it doesn't matter if youre freelance

Nope, not at all. Thanks my man!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Completed.

Also, please add me to the list of those wishing to read paper if published!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Completed.

Completed.

Also, please add me to the list of those wishing to read paper if published!

Sure Batmon and Drewn, I'll send you guys a draft when (or if) it gets accepted. Funny enough, I've pretty much finished writing the revision (this afternoon), just waiting for the results from the survey to finish it off. Then, I'll shoot if over to my co-authors to add their touches on it. Thanks to those that have participated so far and being a part of my "grind".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I completed the survey and found it interesting. Although my workplace has the appearance of being very accepting, I think there is unconscious racism and insensitivity toward minorities at the workplace.

I completed the survey and found it interesting. Although my workplace has the appearance of being very accepting, I think there is unconscious racism against minorities at the workplace.

Sounds like an academic institution (just kidding). Actually, I have a very supportive department, but Black faculty in other schools on campus are pretty disgruntled (with exceptions). I have found myself that producing professionally, especially in terms of research, silences any haters. People seem to roll over for you when you're getting the job done. The latest development is my associate dean proposing that I teach a doctoral course post-tenure. I used to gripe about not having the opportunity to do so for years. Hmmmmmm...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    I gotcha, BigStacks.

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
    i participated...
    quick and easy w/interesting questions.
    i'm wondering, since this is about discrimination in the workplace, why were there no questions about gender or sexual orientation discrimination? i imagine you wanted to keep it focused, eh?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Done, although my company is so small that there's really no corporate ladder to climb. For the record about 2/3 of the employees at my company are minorities.

Hey,

Thanks to those that have participated in the survey. I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to provide copies of the paper to those that request it. In fact, provide me with a personal email (via PM), and I'll send a pdf of an in-press, manuscript version (i.e., accepted, but not yet officially published in the journal). I'll do this because usually it takes a minute for accepted articles to get into print (usually a year). For example, I got a paper accepted for publication in May 2005 and it just came out in print this month.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Done (but I'm from Canada).

Done (but I'm from Canada).

That's cool, bro!!!! Thanks!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Done.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    done. actually made me reflect on some thing

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Done.

Though in the UK it's funny how while ethic/racial discrimination is rightly looked down on the discrimination due to social background is still as strong as ever.

• macksteezmacksteez 68 Posts
    Done.
    Found it interesting

• Whatup Big Stacks,

Survery filled out. I'd like to read it when you have it available. Cheers!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Just filled this out but not sure if it'll be of any use. mine's the one that disagreed with every statement!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Completed. Good luck, Stacks.

• Done