Fuck Anne Coulter

drbrownscelraydrbrownscelray 648 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
In her new book, ???Godless,??? right-wing pundit Ann Coulter writes of the 9/11 widows: "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands??? death so much."She was confronted about the statement this morning by NBC???s Matt Lauer. Coulter accused Lauer of ???getting testy.???Full Transcript: LAUER: Do you believe everything in the book or do you put some things in there just to cater to your base? ANN: No, of course I believe everything. LAUER: On the 9-11 widows, an in particular a group that had been critical of the administration: ???These self-obsessed women seem genuinely unaware that 9-11 was an attack on our nation and acted like as if the terrorist attack only happened to them. They believe the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing bush was part of the closure process.??? And this part is the part I really need to talk to you about: ???These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband???s death so much.??? Because they dare to speak out? COULTER: To speak out using the fact they are widows. This is the left???s doctrine of infallibility. If they have a point to make about the 9-11 commission, about how to fight the war on terrorism, how about sending in somebody we are allowed to respond to. No. No. No. We have to respond to someone who had a family member die. Because then if we respond, oh you are questioning their authenticity. LAUER: So grieve but grieve quietly? COULTER: No, the story is an attack on the nation. That requires a foreign policy response. LAUER: By the way, they also criticized the Clinton administration. COULTER: Not the ones I am talking about. No, no, no. LAUER: Yeah they have. COULTER: Oh no, no, no, no, no. They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding.LAUER: So if you lose a husband, you no longer have the right to have a political point of view? COULTER: No, but don???t use the fact that you lost a husband as the basis for being able to talk about, while preventing people from responding. Let Matt Lauer make the point. Let Bill Clinton make the point. Don???t put up someone I am not allowed to respond to without questioning the authenticity of their grief.LAUER: Well apparently you are allowed to respond to them.COULTER: Yeah, I did. LAUER: So, in other words.COULTER: That is the point of liberal infallibility. Of putting up Cindy Sheehan, of putting out these widows, of putting out Joe Wilson. No, no, no. You can???t respond. It???s their doctrine of infallibility. Have someone else make the argument then.LAUER: What I???m saying is I don???t think they have ever told you, you can???t respond. COULTER: Look, you are getting testy with me. LAUER: No. I think it???s a dramatic statement. ???These broads are millionaires stalked by stalked by grief-parazzies???? ???I have never seen people enjoying their husband???s deaths so much????COULTER: Yes, they are all over the news. LAUER: The book is called ???Godless: The Church of Liberalism.??? Ann Coulter, always fun to have you here.

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    gross. i hate her.

ann coulter is a mega douche. ann coulter is dirk nowitzki with a wig

• gross. i hate her.

ann coulter is a mega douche. ann coulter is dirk nowitzki with a wig and no jump shot

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Ann Coulter is an Uber Bitch. Pure fucking evil.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    here's the clip, saw this yesterday. fucking amazing.

• Options
    What a sweetiepie.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Can we get a "SWISS-CHESSED UP" Graemlin?

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

Can we get a "SWISS-CHESSED UP" Graemlin?
    Agreed. That was super-sonning at it's most purest level. My god how good that was to watch...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Doesn't he prove her point by attacking her? Her point is that you can't argue with a widow, that is why liberals use widows to make their point. His response is how can you say that about widows?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    the only reason she said that is to sell books. It's sensationalism and shit is unbeliveable...like the presidents approval rating going up in the past week because of his new focus on gay marriages. The American people are a bunch of fucking idiots.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Doesn't he prove her point by attacking her? Her point is that you can't argue with a widow, that is why liberals use widows to make their point. His response is how can you say that about widows?
    No. What's her shit-talking about the widows of 9/11 proving? That she's tired and bitter?

• montymonty 420 Posts
    No. What's her shit-talking about the widows of 9/11 proving? That she's
    tired and bitter? rich and famous.[/b]

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

I believe the issue was more her opinion of the widows and how "they're enjoying their loved ones' death". Shit is out of bounds no matter what political party you ride for.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

His point, I think, is that these women were spekaing about the situation from their own experiences, and not trying to muzzle anyone. In fact, she's the one trying to shut them up, I guess so she can argue with someone as detached from the situation and human emotion as she is...

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Doesn't he prove her point by attacking her? Her point is that you can't argue with a widow, that is why liberals use widows to make their point. His response is how can you say that about widows?[/b]

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. That's certainly not what he says in the transcript.

I think a better summary of Lauer's reaction is that Coulter has had every chance to respond, and is doing so with a heavily advertised book and national television appearances.

Coulter needs strawmen to survive. As a polemicist, she can only make arguments in an extreme form. In order to do that successfully, she needs extreme (read: imaginary) opponents.

One of her great rhetorical feats is to turn the term 'liberal' into a free-floating perjorative. If you look at all the traits she attributes to 'liberals', there's no real grouping of people in the United States who match that description - certainly not one with any substantial political presence. Coulter's 'liberal' is a parodic entity that exists soley to be knocked down.

Which is why she goes a little nuts when exposed to real people, real tragedies, and complex situations. Her natural home is in the cartoonish and relatively low-stakes American culture wars, where you can scream all day but nobody's getting killed.

Maybe she didn't get the memo that June is gay-bashing month.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    oh man that VOICE...! makes me sick. "I mean we didn't invade Guatemala!"

"the mandate against gay marriage is pretty strong." (in her mind garden).

and the annoying pause before each answer, pregnant with cluelessness.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    She seems completley uninformed. How did she get to be a pundit?

Does she believe what she is saying? Is she just playing a part, like Cobert?

This is first time I've ever heard her. There are advantages to not having cable.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I never heard of Anne Coulter until this thread & just saw some clips of her on youtube. Those clips of her on fox news look like comedy. I think she has to say these outrageous things on the news because I don't think the average American will watch the news unless it resembles something bizzare & stupid. If Americans were really interested in current events, their country would be a much different place. Savvy media people realize this & have created this form of entertainment that looks like a news show, but is just a step above pro wrestling or whatever the drooling masses south of the border like to watch in their spare time. What is scary, though, is that people may watch these faux news programs & take them seriously.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I never heard of Anne Coulter until this thread & just saw some clips of her on youtube. Those clips of her on fox news look like comedy. I think she has to say these outrageous things on the news because I don't think the average American will watch the news unless it resembles something bizzare & stupid. If Americans were really interested in current events, their country would be a much different place. Savvy media people realize this & have created this form entertainment that looks like a news show, but is just a step above pro wrestling or whatever the drooling masses south of the border like to watch in their spare time. What is scary, though, is that people may watch these faux news programs & take them seriously.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    She seems completley uninformed. How did she get to be a pundit?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I never heard of Anne Coulter until this thread & just saw some clips of her on youtube. Those clips of her on fox news look like comedy. I think she has to say these outrageous things on the news because I don't think the average American will watch the news unless it resembles something bizzare & stupid. If Americans were really interested in current events, their country would be a much different place. Savvy media people realize this & have created this form of entertainment that looks like a news show, but is just a step above pro wrestling or whatever the drooling masses south of the border like to watch in their spare time. What is scary, though, is that people may watch these faux news programs & take them seriously.

Unfortunately they do. Ann Coulter was on the cover of Time Magzine and she had a #1 best seller on the New York Times book list.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Unfortunately they do. Ann Coulter was on the cover of Time Magzine and she had a #1 best seller on the New York Times book list.

shameful.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What is scary, though, is that people watch these faux news programs & take them seriously, and have been doing so for decades.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    FUCK ANNE COULTER!

After only reading the subject I completely agree.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    you know what really weirds me out about Ann Coulter is that she thinks she is a superfox. THAT should tell you exactly how deluded she is. she was supposed to cover the democratic convention for usa today and they pulled her column cause it was so retarded. she kept talking about how ugly dem women were there and longed to be with her fellow gorgeous conservative femmes who knew how to apply lipstick or some stupid shit like thaat. i wanted to throw up

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Ann Coulter's been angry for a long time, but she's quite intelligent. Her belief in the Republican Party is absolute, but she idealizes the party as something that its not--infallible. Her tendency to focus on the "enemy" while ignoring home base reminds me of a maid who cleans her masters' house while allowing her own domicile to fall her pieces.

Sad, really.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Sad, really.

I think its sad that in this country shes considered qualified and rational enough to speak about current events on television.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Ann Coulter's been angry for a long time, but she's quite intelligent. Her belief in the Republican Party is absolute, but she idealizes the party as something that its not--infallible. Her tendency to focus on the "enemy" while ignoring home base reminds me of a maid who cleans her masters' house while allowing her own domicile to fall her pieces.

Sad, really.

well put

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i love anne coulter. she gives me reason to get outta bed in the morning.

the days of yore

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i want to shit in her mouth until she chokes on it and dies

repeatedly