EPISODE 04 --=(] buhbOmp radio [)=-- dj witnes

jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
EPISODE 04 --=(] buhbOmp radio [)=-- a wide variety of styles from hip-hop, dancehall, soca, broken beat, Miami/Atlanta bass, and much more, brought to you by the buhbOmp crew: JD, Lil Tiger, Empanadamn, Elz, Cashless and friends. For our fourth episode, we're lucky enough to host Houston institution and all around dope dude Witnes and his Summer '06 Mix. Wit's the man behind Rock Box Houston, and a key component of Late Nite Snax and Soular Grooves Radio, where you can hear him Saturday nights from 9p-12a CST on 90.1fm KPFT Houston. The mix has some real nice Latin Freestyle type jernts/remixes on it. For more info on Witnes, check him on myspace at myspace.com/witnes or catch him on the regular interweb at quickwits.blogspot.com. http://www.touchandfeel.org/buhbomp/04buhbomp.mp3added bonus: http://www.touchandfeel.org/buhbomp/jdbounce.mp3here's a little LA bounce mix I did. It's only like 34 mins, but has some classic cuts on it. This mix is real crunchy, as the records have gotten a lot of play. I think it sort of lends itself to the environment that this music does really well in, ie heavy bass, crackly records, heavy crowd participation (specific dances and call and response tracks). I have been working on a more succinct mix that covers more of the basic tracks that created this party music. It delves deeper into the history of bounce than your ???Drag Rap??? and Steady B beats.

Comments

• EPISODE 04 --=(] buhbOmp radio [)=-- a wide variety of styles from hip-hop, dancehall, soca, broken beat, Miami/Atlanta bass, and much more, brought to you by the buhbOmp crew: JD, Lil Tiger, Empanadamn, Elz, Cashless and friends.

For our fourth episode, we're lucky enough to host Houston institution and all around dope dude Witnes and his Summer '06 Mix. Wit's the man behind Rock Box Houston, and a key component of Late Nite Snax and Soular Grooves Radio, where you can hear him Saturday nights from 9p-12a CST on 90.1fm KPFT Houston. The mix has some real nice Latin Freestyle type jernts/remixes on it.

For more info on Witnes, check him on myspace at myspace.com/witnes or catch him on the regular interweb at quickwits.blogspot.com.

http://www.touchandfeel.org/buhbomp/04buhbomp.mp3

added bonus:

http://www.touchandfeel.org/buhbomp/jdbounce.mp3

here's a little LA bounce mix I did. It's only like 34 mins, but has some classic cuts on it. This mix is real crunchy, as the records have gotten a lot of play. I think it sort of lends itself to the environment that this music does really well in, ie heavy bass, crackly records, heavy crowd participation (specific dances and call and response tracks).

I have been working on a more succinct mix that covers more of the basic tracks that created this party music. It delves deeper than your ???Drag Rap??? and Steady B beats.

i've been bumping both of these for a minute now, both are really good.
    i find myself listening to that bounce mix a lot when i'm riding around throwed on the weekends. i cant remember if i told you when you were here for the rub or not but it reminds me a lot of B-swift(R.I.P.), i think he was one of the first people to play bounce a lot here in houston, in clubs and on the radio. i remember when he ran his record pool he would always tell me about it, telling me this stuff is gonna be HUGE! i was probably more worried about what wu shit i was gonna get. i really miss swift, he was a really good person.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this is dope, thanks.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    this is dope, thanks.

thanks dog.

keeping it bounce.. here's the alternate version of the bunny hop with the intro edited in. I wanted to use this one too, because they are both dope as hell. It's taken me a few years of being away to really appreciate the vibe of this shit, because this shit would get played like 3-4 times a night (yikes) and i was kinda burned on it for a while.

When this record first came out, the group came out to the club i dj'd at and showed the entire club how to do this dance. it was pretty insane. about 3 months after that, this shit became a local phenomenon, I mean.. bunny hop contests at Sharpstown Mall?

enjoy.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CB74A087152F0F0B

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i listened to that bounce mix like three or four times last night man
    good shit

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    here's the tracklisting for the bounce mix. I will post up the tracklist for the witnes mix as soon as he responds to me.

tracklist:

Curtis Mayfield blend over Bunny Hop inst.

Da Entourage - Bunny Hop (they used to have Bunny Hop contests at Sharpstown mall, haha)

Ricky B - Ya'll Holla

BMD feat. Papa Reu and Juvie - Nasty Girl

Big Tymers feat. Bun B - Playboy

Kane and Abel feat. Mystikal - Shake it Like a Dog

Juvenile - Soldia Rag

Mystikal - Big Truck Driver

DJ Jubilee - Get it Ready (live version)

Everlasting Hitman - Bounce Baby Bounce

DJ Jimi - Where Dey At?

• really really REALLY enjoying the witnes mix.
    those who haven't downloaded it need to immediately.