Funky Black Man Soul & Beer

NeverEnoughMoneyNeverEnoughMoney 300 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Damn, I had a long ass day at work today. Just got home and immediately did the following:I plan on followng up with:

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hell yeah. I'm gonna get some Heineken in about an hour and listen to my new 45's of the Festivals and Jo Ann Garrett.

• Hell yeah. I'm gonna get some Heineken in about an hour and listen to my new 45's of the Festivals and Jo Ann Garrett.

For some reason my job doesn't understand that summer is for relaxing. I wouldn't need so many Heinekens if Keith could keep himself out of some goddamn coconut trees. Really, that's what the pay everyone for, so Keith doesn't have to climb his own trees...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    all of those sound like a perfect evening....except for the picture of that burrito. Better watch out where you get it/make it or you'll end up adding this picture to the equation.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• all of those sound like a perfect evening....except for the picture of that burrito. Better watch out where you get it/make it or you'll end up adding this picture to the equation.

Yeah, that shit looks like a a taco bell burrito, but it was the best I could do. I'm most likely going to be headed to Bonita in Williamsburg (around the corner) or another spot that puts potato in their burritos

Damn, Eddie Fisher is killing it on the opening track...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    all of those sound like a perfect evening....except for the picture of that burrito. Better watch out where you get it/make it or you'll end up adding this picture to the equation.

If that were a Taco Bell burrito that's exactly where I'd be heading. I cannot eat that foul shit anymore because it makes me have foul shit!

another spot that puts potato in their burritos
    thats my favorite right there. Out here they're called "spuderitos"

• all of those sound like a perfect evening....except for the picture of that burrito. Better watch out where you get it/make it or you'll end up adding this picture to the equation.

If that were a Taco Bell burrito that's exactly where I'd be heading. I cannot eat that foul shit anymore because it makes me have foul shit!

I never fucked with Taco Bell, but after that dude in Philly chewed that cockroach in half, spraying her seed into his cheeck and harvesting her babies in his mouth, when eating that TB burrito, I won't even entertain the thought...

• another spot that puts potato in their burritos
    thats my favorite right there. Out here they're called "spuderitos"

You in CA?

We don't have a name for it in NY, but it's it my neighborhood.

• I've now drank enough beers to do Diddy's "Bad Boy, come out and plaaaaayyyy..."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I never fucked with Taco Bell, but after that dude in Philly chewed that cockroach in half, spraying her seed into his cheeck and harvesting her babies in his mouth, when eating that TB burrito, I won't even entertain the thought...

uh... link plaese?

You in CA?
    Yeah. I can't even count how many friends/family I've taken to this place here in Pasadena called "Rick's" and introduced them to spuderitos.

• I'll search now, but my high school gym teacher used to teach the kid how to play badminton and dodgeball, so it has to be true...

• You in CA?
    this place here in Pasadena called "Rick's"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh... link plaese?

Here you go:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa112598.htm

It might be urban legend in all those other places, but in Philly it is The Truth. If I had a Beanie Sigel graemlin it would go here, but I'll settle for

• I'm now singing along to the whistle in East St. Louis Blues. Damn, this is a great album. In fact, if I recall correctly, this is the album that got me into digging in the first place. I didn't find it until this year, but it was my motivation back when I thought that finding records was pretty easy. You know, show up at a flea or two and you'll find what you need. Or, if necessary, just go to the local spot and look in the bins under the appropriate letter of the artist's last name for whom you're looking for.

Well, it turned out not be that simple and thank god not. A whole new musical spectrum has been opened to me because of this album. I wonder what turned me on to this album in the first place. I was never a breaks type of guy, so who knows...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

You in CA?

this place here in Pasadena called "Rick's"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    regarding Rick's in Pasadena.... eat it while you can. they're closing soon. you can even help them find a new location at their website:

Closings: Rick's Drive-In, Pasadena

Sad, sad news of yet another classic drive-in getting driven out in the name of progress:

Ralph and Mary Lou Fonzo, Rick's [Drive-In] owners, have been notified the property has been sold to make way for a condo development. Their customers are not happy. The Web site, www.ricksdrivein.com, was set up to tell the public about the situation and ask their help in finding Rick's a new Pasadena location.

The joint will be open until sometime in November, according to some culinary student on the scene in this article.

RICK'S DRIVE-IN

http://www.ahamburgertoday.com/archives/2006/05/closings_ricks_drivein_pasadena.php

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

"http://www.clevelandseniors.com/images/kitson/germany[/b]/window-open.jpg"

i was gonna say: your apartment and the house outside look very german.

PS: but germans don't drink heineken... haha.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

say what?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

say what?

heineken = overpriced and flimsy. i hate it when bars are selling those 0.2 bottles for 3 euros.

drink czech budweiser or you're soft!!! better yet, drink german beer. it's best. no matter what czech or belgian people say. german beer is best. NO DOUBT!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

say what?

i hate it when bars are selling those 0.2 bottles for 3 euros.
    ok, thats true. i still like the taste of it...

drink czech budweiser or you're soft!!! better yet, drink german beer. it's best. no matter what czech or belgian people say. german beer is best. NO DOUBT!

haha, big cosign. i totally agree.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

uh... link plaese?

Here you go:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa112598.htm

It might be urban legend in all those other places, but in Philly it is The Truth. If I had a Beanie Sigel graemlin it would go here, but I'll settle for

shit I went to that link and read "Part 1". Did y'all click on the link to go on to "Part 2" where it says Part 2: 'This is gross... be warned!'

I haven't done it yet. I'm shook.