Montreal Hip Hop Film Fest

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited May 2005 in Announcements
Yo,Check it out:L???International du Cin??ma Hip Hop de Montr??alAaaahh! Finally, Montr??al will host its first International Hip Hop Film Festival.Montr??al, April 5th 2005 - You've heard its Music. You've seen its Fashion. You've borrowed its Thesaurus.Next May18th -22nd, you'll experience its Cinema as the City will host the first Montr??al International Hip Hop Film Festival.Cities from Barcelona to Vancouver & New York to Brisbane host annual Hip Hop Film Festivals. L???International du Cin??ma Hip Hop de Montr??al is a fresh take on Film Festivals and will highlight movies & documentaries with Hip Hop Culture elements such as music, fashion, social consciousness and will attack some other sociological issues such as homophobia and violence. Hailing from various parts of the world, the Festival???s curriculum will also explore the globalization of Hip Hop and its various interpretations. Additionally to films, the Event will be host to a brochette of thematic activities; spoken word night, exhibits, discussion panels and, of course, cocktails & parties spiced up with the City's best Hip Hop DJs. A special matinee is also programmed for children on Saturday, May 21st.The Collective behind L???International du Cin??ma Hip Hop is also the one responsible for the Vancouver International Hip Hop Film Festival whose first edition was held last September 2004.The group is made of Vancouverites and Montrealers who are also working on future editions in Cardiff, Mexico City, Tokyo and Johannesburg.It is also with great pride they will tell you that Montreal is the first Francophone City to hold such an Event. The Collective is equally proud of having famed director Charlie Ahearn as the Festival???s Honorary President. ???When I called Charlie with my trembling voice to ask him, all he replied was???: ???Yes, when do you need me???? says Festival Publicist Martine St-Victor.Monsieur Ahearn???s iconic film ???Wild Style??? is the genre???s reference and ironically was shown for the first time at Montreal???s World Film Festival over twenty years ago.Other directors ??? both local and international - will be in attendance to present their films and documentaries.It???s at Concordia University???s DeS??ve pavilion that most films and documentaries will be projected.Such sponsors as the CBC, TRACE Magazine Artifex Media Group, Burger King and R??my Martin Cognacs support the grandeur of L???International du Cin??ma Hip Hop. R??my Martin also sponsored the Festival???s compilation-album to be launched on May 18th. The album will be a compilation of Canadian Hip Hop artists. Complete information on the programming will be available within weeks.For now, initial details as media accreditation, film submission and volunteers??? applications are available on the Website: www.hiphopcine.com