diggin & slingin in 3 states rap up with pix

coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
no pix from the arlington civitan, but thanx to nitecrawler, gir & special outa town digger trew from chi townsunday in allentown saw a raer appearence from our fearless leader raj& since both he & the count were there my theory that raj = the count was proven wronghe left early (the wise move) as the show sucked except for 2 dealers with heat,the best was grabbed by this greedy greek who should be familiar to most northeast show attendees he is not a bad fellow, but sharp elbows = sealed sir joe quartemaine & private press psych raersdamn 2 pa dealers with cheap heat wildman hyp wax tony smashes bootlegger jackie cooper's baby boy's porto-dvd djr searches for 365 page worthy 45's for 2007all in all, except for the pa brothers, didn't find jack, the hall stank, won't be making that trip again soonbut the antidote for that sucker was 90 minutes east in nycshakey's record fair @ botanica loads of djs, strutters & movers/shakers,not as packed as the club apt, but this show kicked asscrazypoprocks, mcbongbong, inbetween, finewine,soulcrusher, upsetter fc, rapedonkeys (thanx for the pizza tip)tsl jaredsoulman from north londonformer motown vp& special appearence by sabadaba(can you guess which pix he is in?)we rocked the place till 2 am !thanks shakeypeeps, don't sleep on her next showlate summer stylee

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

When'd you take those photos?

I didn't even notice, I was so focused on trying to find something.......
    anything......

which was almost fruitless.....

ended up in a couple of 25 cent boxes on the floor.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

& special appearence by sabadaba
    (can you guess which pix he is in?)

I don't see anyone wearing a Hitler Youth uniform so I guess he must have been there in disguise.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Allentown wasn't a total bust but it still preserved my grim outlook on record shows. Prices are getting out of control and the competition is as fierce as ever. I haven't seen Stinky Steve in awhile.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Allentown wasn't a total bust but it still preserved my grim outlook on record shows. Prices are getting out of control and the competition is as fierce as ever. I haven't seen Stinky Steve in awhile.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

& special appearence by sabadaba

I don't see anyone wearing a Hitler Youth uniform so I guess he must have been there in disguise.

It was at the cleaner's.

and Im surprised I was still standing at that point. Before I even showed up, I spent 5 hours at Russian Banya in Sheepshead Bay followed by food and lots of vodka.

• super huge shoutout to this dude who made my girl do a spit-take

corn muffins all around

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I thought I remembered you from the barbershop the first time I saw you, too.

• don't act like i didn't put you on to jose.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    don't act like i didn't put you on to jose.

it is true, you put me on to jose; although I had already been knowing the deal on Dominican barbershops.

• soulstrut is kind of like a dominican barbershop

• except dominican barbershops don't crash every 5 minutes

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    except dominican barbershops don't crash every 5 minutes

Dominican Barbershops are usually dimly lit and full of scratched records.

• dominican barbershops also have personality

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    no pix from the arlington civitan, but thanx to nitecrawler,
    gir & special outa town digger trew from chi town

it was good to get across the river! sorry i couldn't rap with you guys longer but 8 hours sleep in three days, yellow parking garage lights and the fiance running wild at a killer flea makes for poor communication skills! see you guys in a few months! good luck with your move joe.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

special appearence by sabadaba

Zimbo man?

special appearence by sabadaba

Zimbo man?

naw,
    that's wolmar (sp?) the brazilian dealer with heat

but the good looking guy in the headphones is me.

but the good looking guy in the headphones is me.

i like the action shot with you tipping the pint o ale in a glass
    you do hold your liquor quite well !

That was a fun show. Even my fiance had a good time "a record for a dollar? Thats a great bargain!" Wolmar is a good guy, Ive been buying records from him for a few years now.