Dismantling An Expedit, worth it or not?

Dabney_SoulmanDabney_Soulman 890 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I'm moving in about a month or so and the only piece of furnitrue outside of my bed I am worried about transferring to my new apartment is my Expedit.For those of you with expedits that have moved have you had a hard time breaking these down/ resetting them back up?would it just be easier to buy a new one?also if anyone can dredge up one of those older threads aboutr how to safely move large amounts of LP's I'd really appreciate it

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's a lot easier than you'd think it'd be.

• really?

is there instructions on how to do it?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I was really dreading taking mine apart the first time, but it was hardly any work at all. I've had to do it twice now. only thing to watch for is that they chip very easily. just take the screws out, take the top off, and pry out the lil pegs that hold the shelves in with pliers.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I was really dreading taking mine apart the first time, but it was hardly any work at all. I've had to do it twice now. only thing to watch for is that they chip very easily. just take the screws out, take the top off, and pry out the lil pegs that hold the shelves in with pliers.

my story exactly. no problemo.

• i was able to move mine (4x4) with only taking the top off.
    i had a big 'ol u-haul truck, so it fit nicely in there, but we just had to take the top off to fit it down my stairway, then put the top back on when we got out through the door.

so i guess it's a doorway-by-doorway kinda sitcheration.
    good luck with the move
    m

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    really?

haha! are you serious? did you put your's together? the expedit is like the linclon log cabin of this shelf shit. whatever you screwed in...screw out. go grab a "grown and sexy toolbelt" and get your dis-assembly line grown man on.

here's some inspiration...

• really?

haha! are you serious? did you put your's together? the expedit is like the linclon log cabin of this shelf shit. whatever you screwed in...screw out. go grab a "grown and sexy toolbelt" and get your dis-assembly line grown man on.

here's some inspiration...

PS I got a letter in the mail from you today

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    you opened and read it...it said i'm a trucker.

it read...

will you go to the dance with me?

__-yes

__-no

__-maybe so

FYEO. Keep it real over the summer and see you next school year. Class of '95 rocks the spidot.

----------
    some shit i've always wondered
    i've always wondered with the AYO game if you can yourself out of something extremely gay and still be AYO proof. for instance, "that guy looked really cute in his new lee dungary jeans!"

what's the consensus?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I've moved three times with mine. Not a problem.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    It's a lot easier than you'd think it'd be.

i hope so. im moving soon and have the same issue.

does everyone pack their lps in milk crates? is it easier to use boxes? im paying for movers but would like to make the move as fast as possible.

• It's a lot easier than you'd think it'd be.

does everyone pack their lps in milk crates? is it easier to use boxes? im paying for movers but would like to make the move as fast as possible.

for reals this quest comes up every couple of months, we should just have some sort of reference section where we could look at past posts on this.

• It's a lot easier than you'd think it'd be.

for reals this quest comes up every couple of months, we should just have some sort of reference section where we could look at past posts on this.

For all the Expedit talk here, Ikea should be buying a banner ad....