Hey Dizzy Bull

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Can you do a few movie reviews? Just a few short blurbs on some movies you've seen recently would be appreciated. I remember you doing some a while back that were hilarious. Would make my crappy night a little bit better... thanks!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Oh shit!!! I missed this thread!!!

I would be honored to do some. Right now I'm a little busy, but I will get to it.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    also please to bring me funky fresh souvenir from other country that will look cool on my mantle.

your friend,
    jason

also please to bring me funky fresh souvenir from other country that will look cool on my mantle.

your friend,
    jason

I will definitely try but I work until friday night and I'm leaving saturday morning so that may be difficult........

• cascas 1,484 Posts

your friend,
    jason

I will definitely try but I work until friday night and I'm leaving saturday morning so that may be difficult........

it could be candy bar from airport or foreign ketchup packet. i trade you for it.

WORD! I'll do it man.

Brokeback Mountain.
    I didn't actually see this, although it was offered as an in flight movie on the way over to taiwan. But I like the message that this movie sends out to the world. Cowboys are gay. Now I'd like to make a movie called "Told you so."

SNL: The Best of Will Farrell (volume 2)
    They didn't have volume one at the video store, but will farrell is pretty damn funny so I figured disk 2 would be good. Man was I wrong. It was like a buffet of leftovers. It was almost funny and I almost laughed. I almost finished the disk.

The Deer Hunter.
    I finally got around to watching this because I had a real hankering to watch a vietnam movie. And to use the word "hankering". It was the longest wedding movie I ever saw. At one point HJ asked from the other room how the movie was going. I said they are at a wedding and it was kinda boring. About a half and hour later she asked how it was going again, and I said that they are still at a goddam wedding. They finally got to vietnam and it was only like 10 minutes of hot dog combat shit. I suppose that it was a "message" movie, and I think the message was "weddings are more exciting than blowing the shit out of Charlie".

X men 3.
    The one issue they never tackled in the whole series (that I can remember) is the problem of calling the females X MEN. Firemen are now called Firefighters. Policemen are Police Officers. I think menstration should be called womenstration... it really would make more sense. But anyways, the X Women never seem to care about being called men. And you would think Xavier would be more sensitive about naming issues. I realize the name X People doesn't sound as cool, nor does "Persons of X orientation". What works is "XY" to represent both chromosomes. I wonder if people from Rome called this movie "10 men".

Phat Girls:
    I didn't see this movie, but for a while it was rated as IMDB's worst movie. Thats pretty goddam harsh. There was an argument over at their message board about the message it is sending out, and was basically the whole argument about accepting who you are, vs. not accepting it becuase it is unhealthy and leads to health issues. Eh... whatever. Who cares. A better movie would be where they go to a wedding for 5 minutes and then spend the next 2 hours blowing the shit out of VC. Semper Fi Phat Girlz! Hoorah!!!!

gotta go right now... be back later.