Snap or Die

AaronAaron 977 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
How does this CD go as far as a comprehensive/essential list of snap music?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    How does this CD go as far as a comprehensive/essential list of snap music?

It contains pretty much all the essentials... except the cut of "Snap Your Fingers" is not the more recent version with E-40 and Sean Paul.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Thank you. I can do without Sean Paul.

Thank you. I can do without Sean Paul.

Not that Sean Paul. This Sean Paul.

This is not a Sean Paul you can do without.

• not the dancehall sean paul, the youngbloodz sean paul

*jinx*

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i wouldn't know. i ordered it from low budget's website nearly two months ago and it still hasn't turned up.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    This is not good news.

i wouldn't know. i ordered it from low budget's website nearly two months ago and it still hasn't turned up.

I got mine in under a week... I assume you've tried e-mailing?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

He's only the Faux_Rillz of the Low-Bee board....

:rolleyes:

He's only the Faux_Rillz of the Low-Bee board....

:rolleyes:

I think that person is actually a girl.

Although this does present the following question, the answer to which could cause tremors within many a mindgarden: despite the fact that the faux_rillz persona of SoulStrut exudes distilled masculine essence (PASUE) does anyone really know whether or not he is a girl?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

yeah two weeks ago dude was like "well someone else handles them and he said they'd be shipping by the end of the week".

i am going to unpaypal him and download it from soulseek.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Not that I have anything against carpetbaggers cuz I am one but why not get it right from the source?

Unlike Benzi's Clipse mix I don't think snap or die is cosigned by d4l or whatever.
    I haven't heard Snap or Die but only the crunk survive 12 is a really good snap mix.

Unlike Benzi's Clipse mix I don't think snap or die is cosigned by d4l or whatever.

It's hosted by Marc DeCoca...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I take it back then. Regardless, Scream's mix is dope.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

That Benzi mix is horrible.

And, yes, D****l, faux_rillz from the other board is indeed a female. A white rapper jawn named Amanda Blank.

-e

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I hear she and SergDun are real cool.

That Benzi mix is horrible.

Hipster pass revoked!

Nah, for real, it sounds exactly like what you would expect: Clipse vocals over mostly poorly fitting and amateurish tracks. It exudes essence of TTLab.

A few of the tracks are cool, though--I like catchdubs' contribution.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I haven't heard Snap or Die but only the crunk survive 12 is a really good snap mix.

how many of these mixes are really "co-signed" anyway. i cant speak for the clipse mixtape, but excluding big timers like dj drama and co., co-signed usually means someone from the group shouted him out on the dude's voicemail and the shit just keeps getting repeated throughout the mixtape.

if you say that your mix is "hosted" by an artist, you better have some exclusives or freestyles. my buddy works at a radio station and has access to thousands of drops. can i say my mix was hosted by every rap artist in the game? hmmmm....

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    update: i've been refunded for snap or die. in case you were concerned.

how many of these mixes are really "co-signed" anyway. i cant speak for the clipse mixtape, but excluding big timers like dj drama and co., co-signed usually means someone from the group shouted him out on the dude's voicemail and the shit just keeps getting repeated throughout the mixtape.

That's basically what it is... I doubt either one of the dudes actually heard any of the mixes that appear on the tape.