World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
1 week to go!!! Post who ur cheering for or ur "flaccid".Of course, for me:Fuckin' hell. I just read BBC will make broadband access available for free (More info here ) to everyone in the UK. Lucky fuckers. If anyone knows of a great quality stream, PM me so I can set it up in one of the main auditoriums here at the Uni and watch it over a really giant screen!!!Just to get people excited:

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

They'll kick ass this time around.

• Germany, don't underestimate the home field advantage! And the team is quite good as well.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I get mildly patriotic for the good ol' U.S. during the World Cup. That being said, I will be very surprised if they make it to the second round.

brasil is amazing and i think they should at least get to the finals.

but my sorta-dark horse is France. I hope they go far.

this guy is DUDE.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    As per usual I will be pulling for any team from mama Africa. Oh, and the USA, batches.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    "France" and "dark horse" do not belong in the same sentence, even with that modifier! I believe they're ranked 4th in the world.

USA has a rough group with Italy and the Czech Republic.

Argentina is a young, exciting team.

Brazil, Italy, England, Germany -- most of my idols no longer play for them, but I like all of these teams.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

Only reason England is coming with anything is 'cause they've got a Swedish coach... Heads in denial know the deal. I think Brazil will win on the real though.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    this guy is DUDE.

Very true.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Argentina is a young, exciting team.

I'm thinking they could win it. If not for England... HA!!! If they beat the dutch in their div. They'll be rolling!

I'd like to see Korea go far.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Brasil is by far the best team in tournament. Argentina is too young and too small to go all the way.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    yeah.. i've been wondering as well if anyone knows any sites that will be streaming the games online? i don't even own a TV currently, and it is my obligation to watch my country [Ecuador] get their asses kicked by some pros... hell, i'm just glad my country even made it... it at least puts Ecuador on the map!

I feel bad for you.

Playing Poland & Germany in the first round...

Oh well, there's always a slight chance against Costa Rica!

I usually can find some pretty decent streams for games. If I find one, I'll let you know. I should be ok here, since Canadian TV tends to play most games on regular TV. Just not sure if I'll be able to find a TV here around work. Plus, it would be pretty nice to watch a game in an empty 500 seat auditorium (If I can find a good bitrate stream). Big screen, Big sound!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I'm thinking they could win it. If not for England... HA!!! If they beat the dutch in their div. They'll be rolling!

Rooney gonna make it back in time? And Walcott - is he even gonna get much PT? Scolari's reaction @ the press scrutiny over his then potential appointment was funny to watch...

Will Ronaldo shed the pounds required to be as dangerous as he can be? Will Carlos regain the form that's eluded him of late @ Real? Will Ronaldinho play better than he did against the Gooners in the Champions League final? For that matter, will Spike Lee be the poster boy for Arsenal in North America? Wearing Henry's jersey whilst promoting his last film in Europe, you never know...

but you know its going to be about the robotic crouchmeister general

for those who missed that classic moment. Check out the one where he's actually doing the same dance at the beckhams party to a lookalike JB

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=peter+crouch+dance&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

HAHAHAHAHAHA I just watched this now! CROUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

It's really all starting to become quite clear now. I know who's behind this site.

http://www.robocup.org/

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I LOVE Roberto Carlos's style of play. Sneaking up the sidelines as a defender?! I always did that.

• Just got a call if i wanted to dj at this gig the 21st of june..HELL N0!!

21-06 The Netherlands - Argentina

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Just got a call if i wanted to dj at this gig the 21st of june..HELL N0!!

you would be happier DJing that night, son

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

Only reason England is coming with anything is 'cause they've got a Swedish coach... Heads in denial know the deal. I think Brazil will win on the real though.

I'm an England lifer, but seriously, you gotta be kidding me with that. Sven will be the downfall of England, even if we probably have the best midfield in the world right now. Rooney is good as gone, I think finally Sven is seeing the light and realizing there's no point in taking him along. Our key willl be Gerrard since he will be given license to roam around freely w/ no defensive obligations.

I need one of these throwbacks in my life.

hhahaha, that crouch/jb thing is great.

Fucking quality... World cup trash talking 101!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Fucking quality... World cup trash talking 101!

]

I'm a England lifer, but seriously, you gotta be kidding me with that. Sven will be the downfall of England, even if we probably have the best midfield in the world right now. Rooney is good as gone, I think finally Sven is seeing the light and realizing there's no point in taking him along. Our key willl be Gerrard since he will be given license to roam around freely w/ no defensive obligations.

I need one of these throwbacks in my life.

You and I are brothers 4 life.

I see it the same way. If Gerrard steps up and keeps on knockin in wonder goals from far out, I'll be a happy camper.

Nice jersey! I need one also...

This almost gets me thinking about changing my team.

Almost...

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Rooney = Young Gascoigne. Too bad neither of them were born with brains. SO MUCH TALENT.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Rooney = Young Gascoigne. Too bad neither of them were born with brains. SO MUCH TALENT.

I don't think Rooneys in the Gazza league of mentalism, he's just very hotheaded, with a taste for banging grannies. He's calmed down a lot lately.Gazza was / is a damaged soul. Rooney was our best chance of winning though.I'm expecting quarter finals and will be more than happy if we get any further. Sadly we tactically don't have a clue and can only play one way.

It's a travesty SWP isn't going.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Germany, don't underestimate the home field advantage! And the team is quite good as well.

co-sign on this one.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I've seen the 1st clip. Ronaldino in the 2nd clip is gangsta. He's doing like a crossover shit. ILL.

the first Laser beam around 1:30 is unreal.

As a basketball player, some of these moves and tricks are too gangsta. i could do a heel lift though!

ummmm, i'll be rooting for Latin American teams cuz they got hot moves.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Well, I couldn't root for anyone but England. Nobody seems to be talking about Italy. Big mistake. Italian football might be in the midst of its biggest scandal in years right now, but the last time they faced something similar, they won the World Cup. Luca Toni looks a good bet for the Golden Boot as well.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Eng-er-land all the way...

Cannot believe Walcott is going. I know he can play, but yeah, as a Man City Fan, hasn't he just taken SWP's job? Mercurial time bandit with mad skills? At least SWP has played >0 seconds of premiership footy and has collected nearly as many caps as fiddy cent.

Then again, Walcott's dad doesn't slag off the coach...

Speaking of coaches - check the 32 official team bus slogans:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/hfc/bt_ws.html

Love the fact that even the German bus has the slogan in English underneath! ALL YOUR LANGUAGE ARE BELONG etc..

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

It's a travesty SWP isn't going.

That's the price you pay when you let your dad tell you which team you're going to play for.