Meditation Singers- OG Check

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Hey guys,I just found out about the Paula re-issue but am not sure about mine. I got it still sealed, w/ a cut out hole punch, mind you, heavy cardboard, but in beautiful shape, paper sleeve a bit faded, paste on back.Anyone with og can confirm paste on back?Anyone with a re-issue can confirm heavier c-board stock?Not vital, just thought I had an og. News of the re-issue was kind of a shock.Thanks, all!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    A lot of the Jewel/Paula repops have the date listed somewhere on the cover or label. I do recall them having fairly heavy cardboard though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    usually later pressings on Jewel/Paula are on pretty thin vinyl
    and the labels look cheaper (typewriter-looking fonts), often with
    the date, like JP said.
    Covers can be tough because they often use the old covers for the
    later presses - others, like the Ted Taylor RI's, have slick covers.
    Where did you just "find out" about a repress? You mean just a later
    legit press and not a Scorpio-style reissue, right?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hey guys,

I just found out about the Paula re-issue but am not sure about mine. I got it still sealed, w/ a cut out hole punch, mind you, heavy cardboard, but in beautiful shape, paper sleeve a bit faded, paste on back.

Anyone with og can confirm paste on back?
    Anyone with a re-issue can confirm heavier c-board stock?

Not vital, just thought I had an og. News of the re-issue was kind of a shock.
    Thanks, all!

A Change Is Going To Come? My original was on think vinyl and heavy cover and looked original. My reissue was on thin vinyl, thin cover and looked 70s/80s. I don't think there is a recent reissue of that, just the later press from 70/80s.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hey guys,

I just found out about the Paula re-issue but am not sure about mine. I got it still sealed, w/ a cut out hole punch, mind you, heavy cardboard, but in beautiful shape, paper sleeve a bit faded, paste on back.

Anyone with og can confirm paste on back?
    Anyone with a re-issue can confirm heavier c-board stock?

Not vital, just thought I had an og. News of the re-issue was kind of a shock.
    Thanks, all!

A Change Is Going To Come? My original was on think vinyl and heavy cover and looked original. My reissue was on thin vinyl, thin cover and looked 70s/80s. I don't think there is a recent reissue of that, just the later press from 70/80s.

Also all my copies were on Jewel.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Me, too. Heavy Cover, Blue label w/ black print.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Hey, thanks for the info everyone. It's OG. I knew it was official, but I just wanted to see if maybe there was some press history to this (as someone mentioned above). I wasn't too worried cause I still love this album. Thanks again!