Weekday Diggggggggggggggs

phono13phono13 842 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Local Shops and Phoenix Record Show Pick-ups:12" are Little Brother b/w Skillz and Slum Village - Get Dis Money b/w HomePhoenix TunagePicked up this sealed reel-to-reel that a local store was eBaying. Can't play it, but a cool artifact.

Comments

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    that Eddie Holman should be in every collection. nice, affordable album

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Ha! I snatched it from a bargainbin this monday as well. I see it all the time. Dunno why I haven't bought it before.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

100% co-signature.

[i] i luuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhvvvvvvv you
    what more can i say?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

100% co-signature.

i luuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhvvvvvvv you
    what more can i say?

[i]"He'll kiss
    your lips
    and caress
    your waiting fingertips
    and your heart
    will fly
    away..."

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

yup, cosign

as well as that Emitt Rhodes record, sooo good

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    herbie hancock - thrust
    players association - S/T

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    hit up a couple spots with j. paycheck this past weekend and scored these..........

curtis mayfield-curtis
    marvin gaye-in the groove
    garland green-jealous kind of fella lp - all 3 mint

almost scored these

kool and the gang-s/t
    air-s/t
    young holt unlimited-oh girl
    crusaders-street life 12"

and he supplied these

parliment-osmium
    general johnson-generaly speaking
    jesse james lp of unreleasaed matirial from 90'
    moncho-el gitano del bolero
    ronnie mcnair lp on rca
    terry calier-what color is love

Another great and very underrated soul LP. Solid all the way through, with that thick UNI sound.

• garland green-jealous kind of fella lp - all 3 mint

Another great and very underrated soul LP. Solid all the way through, with that thick UNI sound.

I'm going to take this as a sign that I need this in my life

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What's the Takoma lp, Ed?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

i believe i still have one in my sale box if you need it for a fair price. it may have sold though.
    PM if interested.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

fahey xmas record

• slushslush 691 Posts
    im enjoying the mystic chords of memory full LP. very chill, one of the better albums I've heard in 2006.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Daniel Ponce "New York Now"

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Daniel Ponce "New York Now"[/b]

FAUX_RILLZ SIDE PROJECT REVEALED???!?!?!??!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

fahey xmas record

EVIL YULE CHESTNUT LOOPZ

Yes.

• Garland is goooooood

dredged up a few things mon/tues...the rap and folk records were freebies...good thing 'cause I'm poor poor poor.

arbitrarily pap-related.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    TWEETY BIRD LOC!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    wow, you dont even see that maestro much in canadadadadada

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Got an unexpected visit from a good colleague today:

Records are Ex to NM... so tough to find clean copies of some of these. WLP on the Delfonics too!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Yes.

Co-signatore..."Don't Think That I'm a Violent Guy" is one
    seriously crazy track - Garland threatening to tear his girlfriend's
    door down if she doesn't let him in, insisting that the slap in the
    face he gave her "wouldn't hurt a baby"

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Garland is goooooood

dredged up a few things mon/tues...the rap and folk records were freebies...good thing 'cause I'm poor poor poor.

arbitrarily pap-related.

Where's all that SoulBoulder cash?

im enjoying the mystic chords of memory full LP. very chill, one of the better albums I've heard in 2006.

yes

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Got some good trades recently and some nice cheapies (Lovelites on 20th century, Samson & Delilah on Pittsburg Intl. et.c.

But scored this for $5 which made me very happy.

Really nice hippieish soul

/L

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Indeed...what's that split with Nobody all about? i hadn't seen that.

Also similarly related Tim Leery (Leary?) of The Actual Tigers is finally putting out a solo album, it's called Funeral Music or Funeral Songs.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Ive had some good funky digs (and arrivals to my doorsetp) this week:

probably my fav of this lot is the Marion Black. such a smooth smooth track.

[edit] just realised, the flip of the Tension Stephens is the good track. Soul Control.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

[edit] just realised, the flip of the Tension Stephens is the good track. Soul Control.

yeah soul control is dope. we got a handful of those at ootpast in chicago some years back. great tune...

my one regret in my digs in columbus was that i didnt buy all the capsouls that used kids records (or whatever that store near the school is called) had in their "local" box.

nice finds!

Indeed...what's that split with Nobody all about? i hadn't seen that.

Also similarly related Tim Leery (Leary?) of The Actual Tigers is finally putting out a solo album, it's called Funeral Music or Funeral Songs.

from here: mail order spot

***"Broaden a New Sound" is the single from electronic psych-pop super trio Nobody & Mystic Chords of Memory from their 2006 full-length, Tree Colored See. The radio-friendly single edit of "Broaden a New Sound" is complemented with three interpretations of additional songs from the full length.
    Devendra Banhart's "La Semilla" is a spooky, Spanish-spoken echoed acoustic cover of the Tree Colored See opener, "The Seed." DNTEL contributes a slow building pulse-driven remix of "Feet Upon Sand," which focuses attention on the female vocals of Jen Cohen during the chorus. The Long Lost round out the project with an achingly sweet and simple folk cover of "Coyote's Song (When You Hear It Too)." This teaser single stands on its own, presenting a multitude of sounds from some of the finest in the electronic/folk spectrum.aden a New Sound," the single from electronic psych-pop super trio Nobody & Mystic Chords of Memory from their forthcoming full-length, Tree Colored See. The radio friendly single edit of "Broaden a New Sound" is complimented with three interpretations of additional songs from the full length. Devendra Banhart's "La Semilla" is a spooky, Spanish-spoken echoed acoustic cover of the Tree Colored See opener, "The Seed." DNTEL contributes a slow building pulse-driven remix of "Feet Upon Sand," which focuses attention on the female vocals of Jen Cohen during the chorus. The Long Lost round out the project with an achingly sweet and simple folk cover of "Coyote's Song (When You Hear It Too)." This teaser single stands on its own, presenting a multitude of sounds from some of the finest in the electronic/folk spectrum.