Star Wars Hip Hop!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2005 in Music Talk
Ultramagnetic sampled SW on Critical Beatdown.Divine Styler used the Cantina Band on their first album.I have a Breakbeat spoof album that samples Obi-Wan and C3PO.What other songs/albums use Star Wars samples?There has got to be more.

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Phoenix Orion - A Disturbance in the Force

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    YA BOY - 16s WIT ME

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Walkmen - Fortruss 12"... dope production from Celph Titled...

peace.

• SpinatraSpinatra 39 Posts
    I think the 'Ultimate Cakes and Sweets' battle weapon type LP has a beat based on the Tatooine theme amongst others, been a while since I played it though.

• loginlogin 52 Posts
    Slave One - Bantha Trax

This is a single-sided 7" with a medley of four songs from the Star Wars movies (Opening Theme, Cantina Theme, Darth Vader's Theme and End Title Theme)

This was used on an Unkle mix like two years ago. I think I saw it on ebay for $200

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Concrete Puppy - "The Great Raspberry Rip Off" (on a Fat City compilation)

Luke Skywalker vocal sample 'What about the entire message' and then it goes into GM Flash "The Message". Real dope.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    BAMBOUCHE: Plaese to cue up "He Never Sleeps."

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I'm pretty sure someone on Hiero used the same David Matthews that Xtra P did. The StarWars song on the lp has a break with r2d2 sounds on it. I'm pretty sure it was on the second Souls of Miscief lp. It was a long time ago but I recall someone using that break.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Mo'wax owns the blasing downtempo instrumental hip hop incarnation of this due to Lavelle's SW fetish. Peep the UNKLE album and tracks like Berry Meditation and the Furslide - Over my Head remix.

That track alone is

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Luke Skywalker vocal sample 'What about the entire message' and then it goes into GM Flash "The Message". Real dope.

That's the same track as on 'Ultimate Cakes & Sweets', produced by my boy Mex from Brighton, UK.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Judging from this list it looks like using a Star Wars sample in your hip hop song entitles you to the legendary Jedi Backpack (shipped from UK).

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    PE- "Rebel Base"on It Takes A Nation Of Millions...

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    One of the only Esoteric songs I ever liked, "Protocol" (?), samples R2D2 I think.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Return of the Boom Tweeps (He Never Sleeps)

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Josh sampled SW too in like endrotducing or preemptive strike "the tracks go off in this direction."

• One of the only Esoteric songs I ever liked, "Protocol" (?), samples R2D2 I think.

You might be thinking of the Transformer music and sounds in "Be Alert."

Some Atmosphere song on "Overcast" uses the Jawa music from the OG soundtrack.

Dibbs, Shadow, and Kid Koala all use various Star Wars dialogue in their songs / mixes.

And whatchall know about that "Lapti Nek" 12" with the breakbeatstarwarsraer?

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    YA BOY - 16s WIT ME
    anyone gots mp3 to link? would be much appreciated.

YA BOY - 16s WIT ME

it's uploading, give it a minute

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That's the same track as on 'Ultimate Cakes & Sweets', produced by my boy Mex from Brighton, UK.

Ultimate Cakes is what I have. Good Shit.

• Josh sampled SW too in like endrotducing or preemptive strike "the tracks go off in this direction."

"You are alone? Maybe I can help you."
    (even Boba catches the holiday spirit)

was used on UNKLE Psyence Fiction

• loginlogin 52 Posts

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    YA BOY - 16s WIT ME
    jeah! That is HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Josh sampled SW too in like endrotducing or preemptive strike "the tracks go off in this direction."

oh yeah, thats gotta be the most random one.

it is due to Lavelle's SW fetish

• sorry.

• speshboogiespeshboogie 105 Posts

Ultramagnetic MC's

on "Break North"...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

The absence of melting faces in regards to this track can only lead me to believe that no one has even listened to it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

"Y'all been fake/I got my game from Quinn tapes"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ultramagnetic MC's

on "Break North"...

sayin..."when we go in, we go in full-throttle...that oughta keep those fighters off our back!"

speaking of the Ya Boy - 16s wit me, was that ever released on 12" ?