ebay flagging all my auctions???

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I may be behind the curve because I've been away from a computer for a week but I'm listing a few records on ebay right now and it says they're flagging all of them for review for unauthorized copies...anyone else getting this? Is it because I'm putting sound clips in? WTF.

Comments

• Options
    Never had that happened before...I don't pout up soundclips, though.

k.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    The only records that are likely to get taken down are either promos or library stuff. If it's not one of those it's likely you've hit a keyword search on one of your items ie some bootleg that ebay are on the lookout for. Probably not even a record. Maybe a DVD or something.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Weren't you asking about Led Zep bootlegs recently?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Weren't you asking about Led Zep bootlegs recently?

me? no.

anyway I just listed eight 45s and I got the message for all 8. Never had that happen before...we'll see if they take any action.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Are you calling them "promo" in the title?
    Sometimes saying "promo" even just in the listing and
    not the headline will get you flagged. "WLP" & "DJ copy"
    usually fly under the radar.

• takotako 50 Posts
    they put down the mahogany/no omega 12inch i was selling cause of a keyword, i asked what it was(it wasnt a promo) & i asked why cant you sell something with another brand name init if its the title of the track but got no reply ebay sucks

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    no omega

I think that's the reason. They must run searches with the key "no BRAND". In your case, it's like you were selling a watch and it was not an Omega. Got it?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I may be behind the curve because I've been away from a computer for a week but I'm listing a few records on ebay right now and it says they're flagging all of them for review for unauthorized copies...anyone else getting this? Is it because I'm putting sound clips in? WTF.

This may have set off their search bot:

These were recorded directly from the actual record for sale

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

This may have set off their search bot:

These were recorded directly from the actual record for sale

oooh you're probably right! I guess I'll reword that on the records with no bids. thanks!

update: yes you were correct. I changed the word "recorded" to "taken" and didn't get the message anymore. I will have to avoid using "recorded" from now on, although that seems ridiculous. thanks again!