Nobody else fukkin' hot today???

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Transit strike today, people didn't show up in my dept. and I'm workin' crazy like a sucker...And it's fukkkkkin' hot out today!Who's got a pool?

Comments

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Come over to Germany, it's cold as fuck right here!

• Options
    Sun room feeling like a microwave here in East Chinatown.

K.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you guys can come by for a beer or three in my backyard. shady and green there. PM me if you want to and i'll pick up some dragon stout on my way home.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i'm not at work cause of the fucking ttc strike. i was at the bus stop just waiting with no idea what was going on, like if everyone in the world died last night or something. i should have been listening to fm radio to check out the news, but i was too busy listening to tunes while being drenched in unbreathable weather.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I am glad I missed all the doo doo weather the past few weeks. Came back in time for this, plus a swell wedding on a beautiful saturday for my frond.

• Options
    Strike over that same issue?

K.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up B**ly?
    59 F here in Seattle, nice and cool. Cleaning up the crib with wifey, music on BLAST! Most people are just chillin' today cause it's a holiday down here. About to go get some pho for lunch.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i am BLESSIN library AC right now.

though i heard the maintenance dudes are going on strike too! NO AC IN JUNE AT WORK? i will work in my underwear. fuck library attire

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    NYC is on furnace for sheezy. Its only gonna get worse though. so much for a spring.

fuck library attire

i'd say so.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I heard they are gonna make them goto work tomorrow. We shall see how that pans out!

I'm glad I wore shorts to work today. DAMnnn HOT.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    you guys can come by for a beer or three in my backyard. shady and green there. PM me if you want to and i'll pick up some dragon stout on my way home.

SF is nice today. Funny, I went up to Reno Friday and got caught in snow on the way there. Reno was cold. Last time I was there it was 115 degrees! Such a nice day today.

i love this hot weather. i don't love the air quality though.

it felt like we actually had a spring this year.

{insert more blah blah blah about the weather here}

the Board is quiet today which wouldn't be so bad if work wasn't quiet too.

i played street scrabble in Kensington Market yesterday for car-free day. it was fun. they had drawn the Scrabble board on the road in chalk, built giant letter holders out of plywood and used kitchen tile squares for the letters. i lost, but my last word, equal, was a thing of beauty - triple word score, linked to another letter to make a second word and i did it using only vowels (cause that's all i had left).

yea. big whoop.

Hey, I walked through yesterday, but I didn't see you!!!!

They should shut down the market every weekend (Including Sat.)

It is quiet on here. I blame Internet trolls.

When are you done there? Shouldn't you be looking into what ur gonna do with ur dayz? To bad I can't have an assistant!

yea, i should be but i'm trying to will EI into my future...i'm not sure the University has enough money to pay me to get bossed around by you!

I'll be done in about half an hour.

Did you see the mess that was the tango dancing in the Market? That was funny.

edit - oh, i'm done June 23rd, i think that's what you meant.

Yes, the Tango stuff was umm.. Interesting... Even worse was the Salsa circle. But whatever, people looked like they were having a blast.

WERE YOU DANCING??? You could make a lil side money ya know... HA! To go along with EI!

ohmygodno. i was not dancing.

do you mean all those people dancing at the corner, right by the barricades?

yes, absolutely, having fun is the important thing.

( )

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

nothing better than heat + mexican coke

nothing better than heat + mexican coke

or mexican food!
    i went to el trompo for dinner last night. it was so great. the owners are the same as the last two summers i've been going...?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I've had my share of excellent taco trucks the last couple of weeks, we keep talking about it but we should all eat together soon.

I assume we'll be seeing each other on Friday anyway.

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    Hey it's heated in GTA today!
    Thank God I have air con. in my workplace

• slushslush 691 Posts
    its funny how the heat thread is occupied only by canadians

what a bunch of pansies!

what a bunch of pansies!

Thats Captain Pansy to you!

• Options
    That or we like to talk about the weather too much.

K.

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    I think its got alot to do with the thick grey cloud of pollution that exists over southern Ontario.

I'm sure people in BC don't experience the same amount of humidity we do.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

what a bunch of pansies!

I think its cause we're too used to the cold. Man, is Montreal hot & humid right now. When are you Toronto people coming here? I have place for all y'all to stay. We should throw a Mtl-TO strutfest.