jack mcduff- the heatin' system (cadet 1972)

P_ClendeninnP_Clendeninn 51 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
wow...what an album....found it yesterday, feeling the entire thing.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    yeah, it's great. i missed to buy it for cheap last year cause i was broke! what a shame!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wow...what an album....found it yesterday, feeling the entire thing.

I had the same revelation a few weeks ago when I found one.
    I don't know why this record isn't bigged up more within his catalog cause like Clendeninn said, it's great the whole way through.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    that's it. i'm listening to this when i get home. it has been officially hyped and now i have no other option. I remember it being pretty decent but, the shit aint no Moon Rappin or anything.

I actually gave a copy of this to a random dude at the bookstore the other night. what's this a $15 - $20 record?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    that's it. i'm listening to this when i get home. it has been officially hyped and now i have no other option. I remember it being pretty decent but, the shit aint no Moon Rappin or anything.

I actually gave a copy of this to a random dude at the bookstore the other night. what's this a $15 - $20 record?

try $30-50 if it's in nice shape.
    And I would rate it with Moon rappin', if a bit overlong. Better than most of his Cadet's(except Gin and Orange, that's my soft spot).

i gave dude a $30 - $50 record. may karma strike me back.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i gave dude a $30 - $50 record. may karma strike me back.

Did it cost you that? I prefer to think of giving someone a nice gift.

nope, I was gonna scoop it on some hoarder steez but decided to set it free. nice gift? nah, I just thought spending $8 on record that might yeild $15-$20 tops on ebay wouldn't be a worthwile investment so I pulled a "hey, you need this?" I'm so goddamned nice.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Yeah that's a nice record! Used to go for a little more, I think. I like it almost as much as "moon rappin".

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    I bought this one a while back for the princely sum of about $5 or something. I'd never seen it before so I checked it out and was definitely liking what I heard. It's the only time I've ever seen that one.

• pressure gauge then lonesome is the night....ahhhh, what a dope record.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    fantastic record. i had for 10 yrs or so. sold it on ebay for $80 stein. .

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

try $30-50 if it's in nice shape.
    And I would rate it with Moon rappin', if a bit overlong. Better than most of his Cadet's(except Gin and Orange, that's my soft spot).
    Yep, I think that Heatin' System and Moon Rappin' are his two best records, and the former is a $50 record.