Caught my white whale on ebay for $90

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I spotted my long time white whale in a mixed lot of crap 45's on ebay. For this one record I was willing to spend as much as $200 for a copy which is unusual even for me. Luckly for me the seller put the entire lot up for a buy it now price of $90. To me this is a steal being that this record is nearly impossible to find and I know of only 6 other people who own a copy. Let's see if you guys can spot the hidden gem.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4884825288

Comments

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I give up. I only collect rap albas.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

Actually it was the Pleasure "Glide" 45 on Fantasy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

Stop playin. That's a common maybe $10 record. Where the fuck do you live? San Jose?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

That the only record in the lot that I knew... so whats the score?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

Stop playin. That's a common maybe $10 record. Where the fuck do you live? San Jose?

Laugh-out loud funny! Two thumbs way up!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

Stop playin. That's a common maybe $10 record. Where the fuck do you live? San Jose[/b]?

haha not cool. but glad to see san jose in the respective consciousness of soulstrutters though.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Tony Aiken?

ditto... i was just bashing sj in a pm to brian. cool! hahaha... really tho... sj sucks. nope no records in sj.

Let's see if you guys can spot the hidden gem.

ima go with Rory-O. do i win?

You get the prize!!!! You win a free copy of Pleasure's "Glide" and the Tony Atkins 45!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I thought that record was supposedly not so hard to find?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    woah

Well for a while it was very hard to find, partially because everyone seemed to have the kind of partial info like "got a smiley face on the label" but nobody seemed to know exactly all of it... or at least wasn't talking.

Since then I think five, including this one, have popped up in the past year....... that's a lot for such a supposedly rare record.

That said $90 is a steal!

Its not hard to find... Its impossible to find. I've been trying to find it for over 7 years and all I could get was half the song on an MP3 someone sent me. I've kept a $200 "Do It Your Way" fund in my paypal account just in case I saw it somewhere.

You get the prize!!!! You win a free copy of Pleasure's "Glide" and the Tony Atkins 45!

dont test my record gangster... im

hahah.. okay ill go back to cleaning records now. have a nice afternoon everyone...

Since then I think five, including this one, have popped up in the past year....... that's a lot for such a supposedly rare record.

Wait! Did you say five? Where the hell I was at for the other four?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

I don't know it, can you post a mp3 snippet?

I have the first half of the song somewhere on a cd (if I can find it). Or I could just post an mp3 of the actual 45 when I get it.

• The summerfest 45 is so goddamn awful. I wish people would stop talking about it like it was anything except for the shitball with a break 45 that it is. Do people even sample drums anymore?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

I have the first half of the song somewhere on a cd (if I can find it). Or I could just post an mp3 of the actual 45 when I get it.

that'd do nicely....thanks

Wait! Did you say five? Where the hell I was at for the other four?

They were all sold privately.

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts

Fucken Eh!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I spotted my long time white whale in a mixed lot of crap 45's on ebay. For this one record I was willing to spend as much as $200 for a copy which is unusual even for me. Luckly for me the seller put the entire lot up for a buy it now price of $90. To me this is a steal being that this record is nearly impossible to find and I know of only 6 other people who own a copy. Let's see if you guys can spot the hidden gem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4884825288

Congratulations that's a dope find for sure. I've been looking for that record for a while myself.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    did'nt dante once mention something about that record and the milwalkee highway dept? apparently those faces are on road signs around the city.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    apparently those faces are on road signs around the city.

http://www.summerfest.com/

and yes, there are road signs pointing to the festival grounds.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Did anyone else read this as "Caught my wife cheating for $90"?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I caught mine on Monday in Lexington, KY for $2.60 and I'm still giddy over it.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

this come in the mail yet? itchin to hear a snippet.