ATHLETES FOOT

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
i got a real pesky case on my right foot. i been using desenex spray for the past 3 days and it's not curing me. i noticed on the bottle it says "cures most strains of athletes foot fungi" well. .i must have one of the ATHLETEFOOTRAER.
any possible solutions would be appreciated. thanks much, stein. . .

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    if you dont have a cure at least tell me a rap line refering to bikes. thanks. stein. . .

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    dude that shits plain terrible ..

out here they have all these anti fungal creams for athletes foot

anyway, I had a case not too long ago and had to use that shit for like 2 months, then you also got to wash/rinse your socks in boiling water to kill the fungus, urrgh, and it tends to flare up just before it dies out ..

try minimise wearing socks and shoes for a couple of weeks - go for jandals as if were at the beach

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Give it a while longer... any time you're dealing with antifungals or antibiotics you want a week or two of treatment. Then keep treating it for another week after it's gone. The worst mistake people make is to stop their treatment as soon as they're 'cured'. This usually means you've killed 95% of it - you no longer have symptoms, but the strongest 5% of bacteria/fungus is still alive to make a comeback in a more resistant form.

On another subject I still have a Subroc 12" for you if you want it...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that spray is for folls.
    the lamasil cream in the tiny tube is the only product I have used that lives up to it's claims. within days of using it, athlete's foot will be a bad memory, or I'll give you your money back.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    yo SoulOnIce. thanks for the tip. i'm on it. and joe. i still need the subroc lemme know what you want on pm. thanks stein.

p.s. i will keep everyone posted as to the progress of the athletes foot.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I had a mild case a couple of years ago. (Tough Actin') Tinactin cleared it up in no time.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    i got a real pesky case on my right foot. i been using desenex spray for the past 3 days and it's not curing me. i noticed on the bottle it says "cures most strains of athletes foot fungi" well. .i must have one of the ATHLETEFOOTRAER.
    any possible solutions would be appreciated. thanks much, stein. . .

I been itchin like crazy for some reason and I don't even have any outward visible signs.

What may work for you is to either A.) change your socks everyday or B.) Stop changing them except every 2 weeks or so.

There seems to be some sort of equilibrium you must reach, either being completely clean or providing a healthy habitat for your fungi. No middle ground.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Fuck paying money. If you shower, piss on your feet. Pee will kill fungus DEAD. Toughens the skin up too.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Real Deal. I remember Madonna on David Letterman telling him how it was good to pee on yourself and he was looking her crazy!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    stein, im sorry to hear about the toejam, but as far as bike references in hiphop songs go, all im good for is the beastie boys "it's the new style" with the line "i'll steal your honey like i stole your bike".

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    So that's at least 6 people I'd ban from the yacht. Anyone else?

Or perhaps a mild case of Giardia picked up on the hipster trail to Katmandhu?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This thread is a new low for soul strut.

• Forget that noise... Athletes Foot is for amatuers...

Anyone got any tips for dealing with scabies?

Please...?