BECKY RAP

Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
This is one of my favourite recent terms used on the strut. But before I plough into using it full time, I'd like to get an official call on what is and isn't covered by said moniker. I think I have it down, but there's nothing that exposes bad character worse than slang misuse. So, in order to clarify, can I get a short list of tracks that would be considered GOATS in this genre. Also feel free to elaborate on related lifestyle extras such as fashion, language, behaviour and perhaps the history of the term, etymology? Where does that new Nelly Furtado fit in to all of this (if at all)??Can we get a graemlin up in here too???

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Enter 'Becky Buddy Rap' as well...for dudes who love to hang with the Becky's.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Ha, that's good, but who are these Becky's? Would it be right to assume that they are poseur types, but like a chick version?

Ha, that's good, but who are these Becky's? Would it be right to assume that they are poseur types, but like a chick version?

I'm pretty sure that Becky's are sub-poseur.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What does it refer to?

Any rap record that has a catnip-like effect on whitegirls?

That's pretty much every big club record circa eight months after it became unbearably played out.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    doesn't the mere existence of rhyme-spitting weather ladies & so forth indicate that rap is pretty much dead / over???

NEXT...[/b]

---

Bay Area Becky classic = Freaks of the Industry

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Really? That one does surprise me, and makes me think I've got the whole thing wrong. I would have thought any bona fide Becky track would need at very least a sing-song chorus for them to latch on to.

Really? That one does surprise me, and makes me think I've got the whole thing wrong. I would have thought any bona fide Becky track would need at very least a sing-song chorus for them to latch on to.

Whatever makes them feel like strippers.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    every big club record circa eight months after it became unbearably played out.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    See Gnarls' "Crazy" circa July Friday.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

LOL.

so where does shakira fit into all this?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This is one of my favourite recent terms used on the strut.

i believe this term originated in the "Tell me when to go" thread ??

Becky: Lover of any "catchy" rap song first approved by Keisha ....yet because Becky is completely "disconnected" she does not discover these songs until they begin to lose favor with Keisha

ex: "Best Friend" is Becky's shit right now

p.s. Black Eyed Peas & Gnarls Barkley are excluded from this convo because we are speaking about rap music

p.s. Black Eyed Peas & Gnarls Barkley are excluded from this convo because we are speaking about rap music

My bad.

disconnected from the exurbs

• Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
    every big club record circa eight months after it became unbearably played out.

Word. Beckys also like the occasional BeckyRapClassic, e.g., Skee-Lo's "I Wish", Young MC's "Bust a Move", Salt-n-Pepa's "Push It", etc.

Salt-n-Pepa's "Push It"

One of the worst dating experiences I ever had was agreeing the second time this chick asked me to go to some Drill Team Ball my sophmore year of high school. I only agreed to go (yep, I had told her 'no, thanks' the first time she asked me) because her 3 best friends were already going with 3 of my good friends. They wanted to make it one big group date in a rented limo. The girl was blonde and pretty good looking but way too Becky-ish on the homely tip. Anyway, the worst part of the whole night(mare) was having to withstand those 4 girls in the limo going apeshit over "Push It" on the radio, making sure to recite all of its lyrics in whitewashed suburban harmony, many months after most had already considered the song disgustingly played out. I swear, my skin was literally crawling...

• Bay Area Becky classic = Freaks of the Industry

see also:

Shake Your Ass
    Back That Ass Up
    Laffy Taffy
    All T-Pain
    Ms New Booty

but older suggestive becky classics might be more like

I Like Big Buttz
    Knokkiin Da Boots
    No Diggity
    OPP

all things

related ?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

"Becky ain't nuttin but a word to me,
    So Becky, don't gimme that third degree."

The Ultimate Ironic Bay Area Becky Sing-A-Long Throwback Classic for those nasty Becky's that believe "two can play that game."

• Becky's Favorite Pantomime/Sing-A-Long In Da Club Moments[/b]
    • She Had Ass... Like BOO!YAOW!
    • I'm a seven day mack/ From Friday through Friday/ If I can't meet you and fuck you in less than a week/ Bitch, hit the highway
    • I don't love you, it's not your turn byeatch. You want love from a pimp you gotta earn this.
    • I'll bust a nut in your contact lens/ Talk shit to your face cuz you don't make sense.
    • She gave me the p*ssy, it was cool/ Then she said her rent was due...
    • Who you think you breakin'/ From me you gets nathan/ I know I said I loved you/ But byeatch I was fakin'
    • "Cause I be servin' em up somethin' vicious... [Becky: (Sluuuurp) Mmmmm... delicious]"

*Extra crazy excitement if Becky's Gov't name is actually:
    Tina, byeatch
    (talkin' 'bout) Tanya
    Fake hoe Maeesha
    Punk-Ass Lisa
    D*ck-S*ckin' Tracy

You don't get paid offa what I made![/b]

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    OH MY GOD!

dude I was at B-Cause's house last night and we stumbled upon a new term for "becky rap" last night.

DRUM ROLL

HOT TUNA

"Yeah..son..yah mean...you know bring that hard God Body shit, some Mobb, Some Turf..but don't be afraid to bring some Hot Tuna like Gwen or some shit".

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

HOT TUNA

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• terrible

just to clarify...

this awful expression was accidentally stumbled on when y phonix was looking though my records and found a divider card for the band Hot Tuna and asked *with a snicker* what was in that section. I obliged, and the worst misuse of a band's name was birthed.

HOT TUNA

What does Meh stand for?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

HOT TUNA

What does Meh stand for?

I don't think it's an acronym, but it may be an expression along the lines of

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    terrible

just to clarify...

this awful expression was accidentally stumbled on when y phonix was looking though my records and found a divider card for the band Hot Tuna and asked *with a snicker* what was in that section. I obliged, and the worst misuse of a band's name was birthed.

I didn't think that sounded like you.

But, for real: you actually have a Hot Tuna section? This is that Jefferson Airplane side project, right? How many records did they have?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

HOT TUNA

What does Meh stand for?

i think meh doesn't really fit in with the others, unless that particular ninja is super un-impressed.

i use meh to express boredom/disregard/"whatever"...but i'm not a ninja

• I have an entire expedit dedicated to that band.

[color:white] nah, actually that was an old card from a record store I worked at [/color]

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    terrible

just to clarify...

I didn't think that sounded like you.

But, for real: you actually have a Hot Tuna section? This is that Jefferson Airplane[/b] side project, right? How many records did they have?

You seem to be too connected to those streets, HOMAY.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Forget becky. Betty is what's really good

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    *** insert joke about Betty being fast, cheap, and easy ***