LASER TURNTABLE ($baller related$)

JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    rumor has it that these things require a BEYOND Mint copy of a record, or the digital bleeps and farts just get OUT OF CONTROL. Some really bad digi noise......

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    rumor has it that these things require a BEYOND Mint copy of a record, or the digital bleeps and farts just get OUT OF CONTROL. Some really bad digi noise......
    your privates get no play, dawg.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Danno & I turned an exhibition of this turntable into a fiasco. We brought them a trashed Latin raer to demo. What an awful tt for 10,000. And you can't play clear vinyl on em.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Danno & I turned an exhibition of this turntable into a fiasco. We brought them a trashed Latin raer to demo. What an awful tt for 10,000. And you can't play clear vinyl on em.

believe that....but hey, Keith Jarrett LOVES it.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    That's hilarious - I thought the whole selling point of this beast was that it ignores dust, scratches and specks of crap on the record. Obviously not. So I guess you spend $10k so that you can hear every tiny defect with perfect clarity. Hmmm.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    That's hilarious - I thought the whole selling point of this beast was that it ignores dust, scratches and specks of crap on the record. Obviously not. So I guess you spend $10k so that you can hear every tiny defect with perfect clarity. Hmmm.

there's a 5000 dollar sound filter they sell with it that's supposed to filter out all the pops, clicks & other surface noise. They give you a VPI for free, though, when you buy the package.

Even with a top end digital filter I don't think that you'd get the sonic detail that you would from a clean record on a good analogue set up costing less than a tenth of the price.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

i would have loved to have been there.

what a complete waste of time, sheeeit, yous be better off with one of these

at least you could hear your latin raer as it fucking destroys it.

i would have loved to have been there.

what a complete waste of time, sheeeit, yous be better off with one of these

at least you could hear your latin raer as it fucking destroys it.

Ha! I love my Vinyl Killer. Of course, I can't play it on any records I like. Why did I buy it again?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I want to become the Anthony Pearson of skated raer. Send me your VG- psyche grails. I don't give a fuck about a click or a pop and skips build character.

Just shoot me the day I care more about the quality of my glass-cleaner than the view outside my window.