I can de-warp your records for you!

mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
As I stated in a reply to one of soulmarcosa's posts about warped records, I can help people out.I have already received one PM asking if I can take a warped 45 or LP in for them and mail it back.I didn't realize that people were unaware of places that will do de-warping. I'm pretty sure that not many places do. I propose the following as a gesture of kindness towards this highly entertaining record board:You send me your warped 45 or LP, and I'll get it de-warped for you.Keep in mind that I live in Toronto, so aside from PM-ing me and telling me how many records you'll be sending me, I'll need $5 per record, and you'll have to mail them to me. I can mail the records back to you in the same packaging, but you'll also be responsible for return mail $. How will you know how much to send to have it mailed back? The same amount it took to get it here! Also, please just send the record - no need to send me the really pricey, rare sleeve that the warped record belongs to. Just stick it in a dollar-bin sleeve and tape it up in a mailer.Where does the 'gesture of kindness' part come in? Well, I'll have to collect all these records, take them in to my guy (he gets the $5 per record), return later to pick them up, and mail them back to you. Oh, and I'm also leaving myself vulnerable to the possiblity of getting 100 warped records sent to me and having to keep them all in order.I'm offering a nice gesture here, so before people start saying, "Yeah right dude, you just want people to mail you their raers", keep in mind that we probably don't like the same music. My record player doesn't even HAVE the ability to switch to 45 r.p.m., and I'm not even entirely sure what a 'break-beat' is. I'm just trying to be nice. I myself just recently bought a warped Clare Fischer LP on eBay that's warped as hell. It's no fun.Anyways, PM me or ask questions here.*I'll be away until Tuesday evening, so don't fret if I don't get back to you instantly*

Comments