that Edward Vesala/ Soulset joint. Any good?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
hello Finnish folks!!!!I heard the real draw is the Soulset side to this lp. Any truth to the hype?

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I've heard a couple cuts from Soulset and they are great. It's like a white dude from Finland summoning his inner black child or more likely just a guy trying his best to be James Brown.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    hello Finnish folks!!!!

I heard the real draw is the Soulset side to this lp. Any truth to the hype?

It's alright instrumental r&b. Sounds like a poor man's early Bar-Keys. The hype on that record is more due to the breakz on A-side and rarity than the quality of music on the B-side. You'll really be better off with the "Soul Finger" LP, costs you a lot less too.

Oh, I think the Soulset group that motown mentioned is a different group. I don't really know who plays on Soul Jumppaa except for Vesala who is mentioned on the sleeve.

hello Finnish folks!!!!

It's alright instrumental r&b. Sounds like a poor man's early Bar-Keys. The hype on that record is more due to the breakz on A-side and rarity than the quality of music on the B-side. You'll really be better off with the "Soul Finger" LP, costs you a lot less too.

Oh, I think the Soulset group that motown mentioned is a different group. I don't really know who plays on Soul Jumppaa except for Vesala who is mentioned on the sleeve.

You mean there are 2 Soulsets from Finland???

I have 2 songs or something on CD from a Soulset, think they're both from 45s. One is called Hard And Brown I think on Pariophone.

There's also a Soul Set (with the space in the middle) with 2 45s on BB Records.

hello Finnish folks!!!!

I have 2 songs or something on CD from a Soulset, think they're both from 45s. One is called Hard And Brown I think on Pariophone.

There's also a Soul Set (with the space in the middle) with 2 45s on BB Records.

Sorry, I made a mistake, it's the same group. I thought you were talking about Soul Set. The Finnish Soulset features the following players: Koskinen Heikki - Laitinen Pekka - Paakkunainen Seppo - Saastamoinen Ilpo- Saksala Harri - Vesala Martti

I must admit that I've never checked for their 45's, probably not missing much though just another bad imitation of American music by Finns.

hello Finnish folks!!!!

Sorry, I made a mistake, it's the same group. I thought you were talking about Soul Set. The Finnish Soulset features the following players: Koskinen Heikki - Laitinen Pekka - Paakkunainen Seppo - Saastamoinen Ilpo- Saksala Harri - Vesala Martti

I must admit that I've never checked for their 45's, probably not missing much though just another bad imitation of American music by Finns.

Well they're definitely getting their James Brown groove on, but the 2 songs I've heard I really like. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

As I said, I havn't heard neither of the 45's. I'm sure they are better than our Eurovision song contest winner though.