eurovision dumbness

MeepMeep 320 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I don't know if the dumbest music contest on earth just got dumber or better, but here's the winning entry...

egads!

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I thought that Nicole Willis looked different...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    wow Gwar won Eurovision????!!!!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    40 year old late pass for the murcans.

Enjoy it, ignore it, but don't diss it. You diss Eurovision, you diss yourself You're just wasting your time.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    What disturbs me more is the disparity between the opening title sequence of classy "European" imagery and then the transition into the Euro version of Gwar.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    What disturbs me more is the disparity between the opening title sequence of classy "European" imagery and then the transition into the Euro version of Gwar.

the finnish hat smoothes the transition though...

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    What's next, a ten page soccer thread? I would have never thought that this would find its way to this board. I feel so proud for my country right now!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I can't imagine how the Power Rangers must be feeling about this.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    What's next, a ten page soccer thread? I would have never thought that this would find its way to this board. I feel so proud for my country right now!

I usually rely on Russia to come with the goofy-costume stuck-in-the-80s poodle-rock entry in the Eurovision Song Contest, but I can see that Suomi brings that heat too.

Man, I grew up on the ESC. Used to watch that crap with my Dad every year. I still watch it every few years if I'm home on a friday night with some mates or my girlfriend. It actually goes pretty well with a drink and a smoke, and it's like an anthropological study of a completely different culture.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the transition into the Euro version of Gwar.

exactly!

PS: GWAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Euro version of GWAR
    Gwar rules!!!

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    man that was the funniest bit of TV i have ever seen, euro-slipknot !

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    the transition into the Euro version of Gwar.

exactly!

PS: GWAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Euro version of GWAR
    Gwar rules!!!

Gwar's music is a bit but their stage show is awesome. Unfortunetly, every time I've seen them play it's been at the DNA Lounge in SF. The stage there is too small to put on their full show. I remember buying these tour only CD's and selling on Ebay for like $50 each. Paid for my tickets, the T-shirt I bought there and transportation costs.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I try to never miss a eurovision. As I've gotten older I've developed a flawless drinking game whereby every person chooses a couple of countries and shots are drunk for points scored etc. Adds a bit of tension to proceedings considering there's no chance in hell of the UK ever winning it again (Euro politics in full effect my friends).

Highlight this year was Lithuania's entry which not only had beat boxing but a walking automaton as well.

Low point was watching the UK represented by a 30 something mobile dj rapping about teenage life.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Gwar's music is a bit

B.A.N. N.O.W.!!!!!!

• BlowFlyBlowFly 89 Posts

Highlight this year was Lithuania's entry which not only had beat boxing but a walking automaton as well.

Speaking as a Lithuanian I did feel rather proud of the Lithuanian entry.
    The bald mad man sure could dance.

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    As a swedish dj you gots to hate eurovision, i sure do, i think it's funny sure and i can laugh at all the wortless songs performed by people in weird outfits BUT this music is having a massive impact on people here, a lot of student type characters that wants to hear eurovision music because that is (according to them) "something everybody likes and can dance to" , i would rather eat my own feet still attached to the leg than dance to that utter shit....

...sorry for being aggrovated but if you had seen the things i have you guys would be the same way

peas
    L

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    euro-slipknot !

its still hilarious to me that i went to the same school as half of slipknot, my friend lived a block from the lead singer up until...a week ago, my friend took guitar lessons from one of the dudes, and i remember when they were still some shitty local band (circa middle school)

crazy that theyre known worldwide now, haha

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Oh man, whats worse is that this is like a christian rock band in orc costumes.

I give it a thumbs up though. beats ashley simpson.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

ninja turtle on the left is

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I watched the final with my wife, it was cringe-inducingly-brilliant.

how such a colossal cluster-fuck of a show manages to be watched by so many is a mystery of modern times.

youtube is for checking out the trainwreck performances, not least this little temper tantrum backstage...

staged or not, this is fucking great.

• yeah this is really great, I think she was from Iceland, quite to opposite of bj??rk but still emotional landscapes.
    Actually I really enyoed the whole Eurovison contest, top notch entertainment with performances so bad that it was funny again. (but Lordi was really cool)
    I heard the USA will take part in the next contest.