cleaning records...

williedynamitewilliedynamite 263 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
realize this subject probably has more posts than andre the giant has a posse......but wondering about the best recipe for a homemade record cleaning solution. got to rescue a copy of Roy Ayer's "He's Coming". also need to wash my grundel.

Comments

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

Hey. Here's some sites w/ a few recipes:

tnt-audio...
    soundstage...

Good luck.

tjames

• need to wash my grundel.

AYO?

home cleaning solution

get
    1 part distilled water (no tap!)
    1 part rubbing alcohol
    3 droplets of dishwasher detergent
    combine all this in a spray bottle, shake, spray on the record (while it is spinning on the turntable)

wipe with a safe soft non-abrasive cloth

• Big ups. Much appreciated. Both of youse.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    this one store [which is closed now] had an owner which would only use WINDEX on his LPs... does anyone else here swear by that as much as he did?... i've always been reluctant to use it. i just noticed one of those articles makes a brief mention of it... experiences??

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    this one store [which is closed now] had an owner which would only use WINDEX on his LPs... does anyone else here swear by that as much as he did?... i've always been reluctant to use it. i just noticed one of those articles makes a brief mention of it... experiences??

I used to use windex to clean my records. never had any bad experiences, but I was told it could leave a residue.