Ramp LP original vs. reissue

groove70sgroove70s 168 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
how to make sure if it is the original?number in dead wax is BT 6028 (on the original) - does anybody have a reissue with other numbers?thanks in advance

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    how to make sure if it is the original?
    number in dead wax is BT 6028 (on the original) - does anybody have a reissue with other numbers?
    thanks in advance

OG has brown inside the sleeve, reish is white inside

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    number in dead wax is BT 6028 (on the original) - does anybody have a reissue with other numbers?
    thanks in advance

I don't think this holds true for all OG copies.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    The front cover art and ABC logo on the label are noticably pixelated (not as sharp as text on back cover and track listings on label).

SG

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    thanks in advance

Correct. I have an OG (with factory promo gold stamp) and it's printed on white cardboard. I agree that the fuzziness/pixelation of the cover art is a good thing to check. Also the reissues I've seen have a white label on the wax. Even though mine is a promo copy, it has a full color label.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

thanks in advance

Correct. I have an OG (with factory promo gold stamp) and it's printed on white cardboard. I agree that the fuzziness/pixelation of the cover art is a good thing to check. Also the reissues I've seen have a white label on the wax. Even though mine is a promo copy, it has a full color label.

you have a roy ayres record? you'll be buying Magma records next

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

damn! mine is a promo copy, but its a black and white label on the wax. and i kept on thinking mine is an OG...(or is it ?)

• how to make sure if it is the original?
    thanks in advance

I have a reissue and it has those same numbers.

3972 BT6028-1 (B)

Peace

thanks in advance

Maybe so...but the OG isn't nearly as glossy as the reish, either. I would do the smell test. I have both, and I guess side by side, it's easy to tell. Reish just plain LOOKs like a reish. Hard to explain in writing.

• groove70sgroove70s 168 Posts
    thanks in advance

Maybe so...but the OG isn't nearly as glossy as the reish, either. I would do the smell test. I have both, and I guess side by side, it's easy to tell. Reish just plain LOOKs like a reish. Hard to explain in writing.

thanks for the help - I think I was offered a reissue, but anybody knows how to do a smell test over the net?????

thanks in advance

thanks for the help - I think I was offered a reissue, but anybody knows how to do a smell test over the net?????

Yeah, let us know how that's done.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    thanks in advance

Yea, that's how I pegged mine as a reissue. I first I thought I got lucky on a $3 dollar copy, but it's just too damb glossy.