Sheet Music Raers

Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Been a minute since I posted, but I was wondering if anyone had info on obtaining sheet music for Stanley Cowell's "Musa" album on Strata East?Its a long shot, I know, but I figure I ask ya'll first before I drop major change on a professional transcription service.

Comments

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    i mean, the Real Book (illegal book everyone has) has a chart on 'Equipoise'. I was actually looking at it the other day, it looks flawed, but its a start.

also looks like SC published(?) a set of 5 studies including Equipoise and 'Prayer for Peace', but this item appears to be hella scarce/ but try it:

Studies : five original, recorded, compositions for improvisers and non-improvisers / by Stanley Cowell. Upper Marlboro, MD : Stanco. Pub. Co., c1991.

are you in NYC?

other than that, no (unless somethings in an archival collection somewhere). whats this for? PM me if you want for more talk. i heart SC and that Musa record is truly

I just learned that he was commissioned in 1992 to write a piano concerto for the Toledo Symphony , which only appears to exist in manuscript.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    word,
    does anyone know where i can get some roy ayers sheet music?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Been a minute since I posted,

I'm sayin' though! What are you actually [/b] having a life and enjoying the outdoors!! ?!!

PPFFTT!

p*tr*ck