Prince Naseem Jailed

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
What a waste of a talent...Hamed jailed for dangerous drivingFormer world champion receives 15-month sentenceStaff and agenciesFriday May 12, 2006 Naseem Hamed arrives at Sheffield crown court before his sentencingHamed arrives at Sheffield crown court before his sentencing. Photograph: Rui Vieira/PA. Former world featherweight champion Naseem Hamed was today jailed for 15 months after he admitted dangerous driving following a horrific crash in his ??300,000 sports car.The flamboyant fighter wrecked his McLaren-Mercedes near one of his Sheffield homes in May last year in a collision which left another man with fractures to "every major bone in his body".Hamed was jailed today by the Honorary Recorder of Sheffield, Judge Alan Goldsack QC, at the city's crown court. The 32-year-old, of Wyvern Gardens, Dore, Sheffield, was involved in the crash while overtaking on Ringinglow Road, on the edge of the Peak District, on May 2 2005. He was also banned from driving for four years.Article continuesShowing no emotion as he was sent down, Hamed left the dock with two security guards. Members of his family, who were sitting in the packed public gallery, broke down in tears as the judge jailed the former world champion. One had to be comforted by friends.The court heard how Hamed was anxious to impress a businessman Asif Ayub, 46, who was a passenger in the car at the time of the crash. Both had an interest in cars and Hamed was showing what his could do when he crossed a solid white line at a speed of at least 90mph and crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf that emerged from a dip in the road.The Golf, driven by 38-year-old Anthony Burgin, was immediately stopped and propelled backwards by the impact of the collision. Hamed's car then hit a second vehicle, a Ford Mondeo he had been trying to overtake. The court heard that the driver of the Mondeo, Michael Wood, described Hamed's overtaking manoeuvre as "stupid, suicide, ridiculous".They should have locked him up for more than 15 months though, seeing as he will only serve half that...

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    Judge Alan Goldsack

that is a name

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Im surprised he got sent down tbh. Most celebs & sports stars usually get let off with this sort of thing.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    Judge Alan Goldsack

that is a name

That'll keep me going for weeks !!!!!!
    Classic!

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    ??300,000 sports car.

Bentley makes diamond-frame Landspeeders now?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

The court heard how Hamed was anxious to impress a businessman Asif Ayub, 46, who was a passenger in the car at the time of the crash. Both had an interest in cars and Hamed was showing what his could do when he crossed a solid white line at a speed of at least 90mph and crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf that emerged from a dip in the road.

From the throne to the ring..to impressing his friends

I fucking abhor fucks like this..

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Im surprised he got sent down tbh. Most celebs & sports stars usually get let off with this sort of thing.

He's not a Kennedy.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

He's not a Kennedy.

This guy (Dany Heatley) drunk drove his ferrari 360 spider in a wall at like 100 mph and killed his bestfriend and teamate now he's in the playoffs

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    drink life to the lees

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

The court heard how Hamed was anxious to impress a businessman Asif Ayub, 46, who was a passenger in the car at the time of the crash. Both had an interest in cars and Hamed was showing what his could do when he crossed a solid white line at a speed of at least 90mph and crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf that emerged from a dip in the road.

I fucking abhor fucks like this..

Yes, he comes over as a total cock-puppet, I would have sent him down for a whole lot longer...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    gee and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

I swear this is like the best news I've heard all day.

his attitude will no doubt win him friends and *admirers* in the joint.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    90 MPH on a blind dip in the road, madness. He's well known from driving like a lunatic around Sheffield. He's gonna have a whole lotta new people up in his ring, in jail now.

• Options
    ??300,000 sports car.

Bentley makes diamond-frame Landspeeders now?

If this is the same type of car my boy Paul Tracy had, the thing is basically tricked out with all the technology of an F1 car (within legal limits, of course).

K.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Basically, that dude is a cunt.

I hope he gets 'knocked out in the ring' while he's inside, if you catch my meaning.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i used to love watching that cocky little fucker batter his opponents.
    Something about seeing the little guy come out on top appeals to me.

Now... Jesus.

I havnt followed his 'career' for a few years now, and it looks like kids ballooned in weight as well, i have heard all sorts of stories about him being an ass hole around the place, and i guess this seals the deal.

still such a fucking waste. the guy had talent.