CEDRIC BROOKS and OTIS FUNKMEYER

Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
That's right, the one and only legendary reggae saxophonist is doing a show with my band this Saturday night!!!!Come see the genius behind ???The Magical Light of Saba??? perform with JahFurry and members of the Rub-A-Dub All-Stars, and then enjoy a set by The Otis Funkmeyer Band on the Upper West Side.Saturday May, 13 20069:00 CEDRIC BROOKS & JAHFURRY performing with Sal Cataldi, Pat Cisarano, Adam Newman, and more.10:30 THE OTIS FUNKMEYER BAND FEATURING LESLIE ROCHELLEWe have a couple of tasty new originals for ya, as well as some forgotton dancefloor fillers???The Triad 158 West 72nd Street (between Broadway & Columbus) 2nd floor$5Drink specialsCheck out www.myspace.com/otisfunkmeyer for audio and video clips http://www.triadnyc.com/Otis Funkmeyer is:Leslie Rochelle - VocalsSteve Hoffman - GuitarMike Kobrin - TrumpetAdam Shlahet - TrumpetTony Salva - Saxes Marc laGana - BassGabe Gloege - DrumsTony Morrone - PercussionJuan Carlos Stolberg - KeysDIRECTIONSBy TRAINThe 1, 2 & 3 trains as well as the B & C lines all stop at72nd Street and are within easy walking distance. By BUSThe M72 Crosstown Bus stops at the corner of 72nd Street & Broadway.PARKINGThere is metered parking between the hours of8am & 10pm on 72nd Street ($0.25 per 10 minutes - Upto 2hrs) There are also two Parking Lots near theTriad:1. On 72nd Street between Columbus Avenue & Central Park West on the North Side of the Street near the Dakota Apartment Building.2. High Rise Parking 200 - 210 West 71st Street (between Broadway & West End Avenue on the South side of the street closer to Broadway)

Comments

• Options

Footage for Canadian steak?

K.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    nice. congrats y'all.

would love to hear a recording of this.

easy.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    sabadaba what !!

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    I'll see what I can do about taping.

We're gonna try to get him to do a song with us, we have a dark afro-beat-ish song that he would be perfect on.

Can you send steak in the mail?

• Options
    Mad cow might have put a wrench into our plans. Guess you'll have to come to Bruce Beah and get it.

K.