Neneh Cherry is Don Cherry's daughter?

2»

Comments

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Geoff Barrow (aka Portishead producer) produced "Somedays" offa the album with "Trout" on it.

?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Geoff Barrow (aka Portishead producer) produced "Somedays" offa the album with "Trout" on it.

?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who's Neneh Cherry?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    don cherry's stepdaughter

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Ahmadu Jarr

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    let's not forget Cre Summer and Lisa Bonet.

y'know I saw those 2 hangin out at an Indian restaurant in Silverlake last summer. Ms. Bonet can still get it!

• soupsoup 69 Posts

?

premier did a few beats and guru wrote some lyrics for said album as well. guru not being kane...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    wasnt she also in Rip Pig and Panic? (sorry if it was mentioned earlier, I didnt see it) which was a band that was named after a Roland Kirk LP.

file under another tenuous link to a Jazz legend

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Neneh is reppin' the New Age Steppers' affinity for off-key singers on:

some 18-19 years old.

woah...there's a 12" for "my love"!? i love that tune...i have the lp...used it on a recent mix of mine. any different mixes on the 12"?

Neneh was also in Rip, Rig and Panic...but maybe that has already been mentioned.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    neneh was also in a later incarnation of the Slits too.

she joined them as a stage dancer/backup singer, mainly because she and ari up were roomates (along with adrian sherwood, which led to the formation of the new age steppers)

she is also married to bruce smith, the drummer from the pop group (who also played with the slits after budgie quit)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    woah...there's a 12" for "my love"!? i love that tune...i have the lp...used it on a recent mix of mine. any different mixes on the 12"?

No, just the album version on the A-side and "Love Forever" (another killer tune) from the first album on the flip. So no extra value for money besides the wider grooves. I still need their second album. I've got the S/T and "Foundation Steppers". I love that On-U-Sound sound, I think I might take it to an appreciation thread in a minute.