Mooncurser

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
[link] http://cgi.ebay.com/RECORD-STORE-LOT-150...1QQcmdZViewItem [/link]Is / Was this place any good? That's a lot of records. i mean sure the really good stuff is probably being sold off on the side.

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

i mean sure the really good stuff is probably being sold off on the side.

You mean like his other auction for the cowboy boots worn by a dude from Bon Jovi?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

You mean like his other auction for the cowboy boots worn by a dude from Bon Jovi?

on a steel horse he rides.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    is that spot in brooklyn? how could i not know about this!?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Can I rock these with my Capris?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    is that spot in brooklyn? how could i not know about this!?

Its in City Island in the BX. I'm sorry I never got to go, it sounded promising.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    despite never finding anything all that amazing for all that cheap, i loved visiting that shop on city island.
    the owner roger was a living encyclopedida of music, especially latin. he passed away two or three years ago and the other guys in the shop have been running things.

it is sad to hear that they are closing.
    it is well worth the trip up there just to see the space, maybe buy a couple things, take a walk by one of the piers, breathe for a moment in nyc.

peace.

• djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
    despite never finding anything all that amazing for all that cheap, i loved visiting that shop on city island.
    the owner roger was a living encyclopedida of music, especially latin. he passed away two or three years ago and the other guys in the shop have been running things.

it is well worth the trip up there just to see the space, maybe buy a couple things, take a walk by one of the piers, breathe for a moment in nyc.

peace.

cosign

• despite never finding anything all that amazing for all that cheap, i loved visiting that shop on city island.

peace.

I think folls should get out to City Island just to take the whole vibe in. It's an unique part of the city. I never came up on anything at Mooncurser, but just to walk into that place and see all the records and the old cat in his rocking chair was pretty much worth the trip. When me and Odub went up there some 12 year olds tried to fight us in a pizza place.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

peace.

I think folls should get out to City Island just to take the whole vibe in. It's an unique part of the city. I never came up on anything at Mooncurser, but just to walk into that place and see all the records and the old cat in his rocking chair was pretty much worth the trip. When me and Odub went up there some 12 year olds tried to fight us in a pizza place.

Ha - that was a good trip Z**. For one thing, you have to take the subway all the way until it ends in the Bronx...then cop a bus into City Island. That town was on some timewarp shit for me, but then again, I rarely spend time in NYC outside of Manhattan so maybe I'm just not knowing.

We really liked the store - it just had a great vibe to it...and it did have some solid records. ONe of the best Latin collections I've ever seen (though much of it was priced high and the condition was "eh") but I brought a few tradeables and managed to come away with some decent trades with the younger guy who worked there.

It's funny though, we were asking if they got a lot of out-of-towners rolling through and dude was like, "yeah, we had a few guys the other week...one of them went through our country section pretty thoroughly. I think their names were Josh and Lucas?"

• despite never finding anything all that amazing for all that cheap, i loved visiting that shop on city island.

peace.

That town was on some timewarp shit for me, but then again, I rarely spend time in NYC outside of Manhattan so maybe I'm just not knowing.

Nah, it's not just you mang...if you closed your eyes on the trip there, you would have no idea that you're essentially in the Bronx. It feels more like Nantucket or something. Folks on City Island are generally quite wary of weekenders and Manhattan folks who want to move up there to "get away from it all".